WTB: Richardson Chest Fly Box

wolfglen

Reaction score
I would love to find a used 3 tray green box. Anybody have one?
Some where in this 5,600 square feet of fly fishing accumulation. It's something like one of those historical Indian mounds.

Probably in some future age it's be put off limits like those Indian mounds.

I can remember in the Bahamas in the 80's when I first went over there. I asked Bayard what those huge mounds were. Our guide poled us over and it amazed me to see those piles of conch shells and beer cans twice as high as the house. He explained to me that it was a status symbol, the more you ate and more beer your could afford to buy/consume assured your ranking for status.

I imagine that they may have started recycling those cans, and several generations of building future historical sites have been decimated by recycling efforts. If they previous people had recycling we wouldn't have had many of the historical sites we have today. Of course they are off limits so we don't know what is in them.

throssing

Reaction score
Some where in this 5,600 square feet of fly fishing accumulation. It's something like one of those historical Indian mounds.

Probably in some future age it's be put off limits like those Indian mounds.

I can remember in the Bahamas in the 80's when I first went over there. I asked Bayard what those huge mounds were. Our guide poled us over and it amazed me to see those piles of conch shells and beer cans twice as high as the house. He explained to me that it was a status symbol, the more you ate and more beer your could afford to buy/consume assured your ranking for status.

I imagine that they may have started recycling those cans, and several generations of building future historical sites have been decimated by recycling efforts. If they previous people had recycling we wouldn't have had many of the historical sites we have today. Of course they are off limits so we don't know what is in them.

I'm not sure that I understand your post. Are you saying that you have a box?

wolfglen

Reaction score
I'm not sure that I understand your post. Are you saying that you have a box?
I know that I HAD one, perhaps two, plastic and one aluminium before Hurricane Charley.

The wind took the windows and doors out of my house and gutted it. I gathered up piles and piles of boxes and bags of feathers, skins, rods, reels, vests, waters and such, dried the stuff off and packed it away in the garage and work shop (2000 square feet) and also stuff in the upper bedrooms.

Finding out what was in what crates took a back seat while I fought with the insurance company, rebuilt the house (3 years without windows and some of the doors), then the injuries I sustained during the storm messed up my earlier in the line of duty injuries and I ended up on crutches and walking aids until my back operation last year.

Those are the times when you find out who your friends are, or aren't you might say as most of them disappear.

Then there was a burglary and lots of stuff stolen.

Still have several rooms of stuff to unpack.

Jack

throssing

Reaction score
I know that I HAD one, perhaps two, plastic and one aluminium before Hurricane Charley.

The wind took the windows and doors out of my house and gutted it. I gathered up piles and piles of boxes and bags of feathers, skins, rods, reels, vests, waters and such, dried the stuff off and packed it away in the garage and work shop (2000 square feet) and also stuff in the upper bedrooms.

Finding out what was in what crates took a back seat while I fought with the insurance company, rebuilt the house (3 years without windows and some of the doors), then the injuries I sustained during the storm messed up my earlier in the line of duty injuries and I ended up on crutches and walking aids until my back operation last year.

Those are the times when you find out who your friends are, or aren't you might say as most of them disappear.

Then there was a burglary and lots of stuff stolen.

Still have several rooms of stuff to unpack.

Jack

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let me know if you come across the box

Tom

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Best advice I can offer is to search eBay using both the name and also Chest Fly Box. I sold one about 6 years back or so because I don't need one here. It was not a Richardson but IMO was better with no plastic. They were sold at The Slate Run Orvis Shop in Slate Run PA. I wouldn't hesitate to call the shop and ask if they have any idea where you might still find one. If you're really looking then this may turn out to be a good lead.

Ard

wolfglen

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let me know if you come across the box

Tom
Was just going through some stuff in the basement today. (Yes, I do have a basement here in Florida: When I started building Wolfglen, I took the fill from digging the three casting ponds and built a hill, thus the floor of my basement is about four feet above grade level.) Surprising some of the stuff I came across, a bunch of landing nets made in New Zealand in the 70's, routers I didn't know I had, diving gear, model airplane motors, etc.)