Large lot of saltwater flies.

bigjim5589

Reaction score
I'm cleaning out fly boxes, and have a lot of 82 flies that includes various types & sizes for saltwater. Some of them I had tied for fishing around the Chesapeake Bay area for species such as White Perch, Yellow Perch, Crappies, Shad or anything else that would take them, even though they're patterns popular for other species. You may see a few that are odd colors for that type pattern, and they were tied that way because of my targeted species. I've never been one to worry about the labels on fly patterns, so I tie & use what I believe will work, not because the fly was designed for a specific fish species.

Many are tied on the older Mustad stainless hooks, some are on tinned hooks, and some on other brands such as Tiemco, Daiichi, etc. The majority of these I tied, but others came from various sources such as swaps or purchased. I think a few may be Orvis flies, so they would be imports. All are very good quality, and there's nothing wrong with any of them. I simply have more than I need, many I won't likely ever use, and they're taking up space.

I've been tying flies for 50 years & tied commercially for about 15, so those I've tied are not flies tied by a beginner. ( I have fly patterns listed in a few published books too.)

It's possible a few might have been used since they were in my fly boxes, but none show any sign they have been. Some have epoxy that may be showing some yellowing but doesn't affect the fly other than perhaps making the epoxy slightly darker than original. They'll certainly still catch fish.

Sizes range from 8 up to 2/0, but most are probably size 2, 4 & 6. Includes Crazy Charlies, Epoxy Charlies, Gotcha's, Clouser Minnows, Bendbacks, and some others. Buyer will get all the flies that's pictured. 82 Total.

Price is $110, plus $5 shipping. Payment via Paypal please. Of course, pick up is welcome if in the Manning, SC or surrounding area. I prefer to sell the entire lot together at this time, so not breaking it up.

Thanks!

Here's what's included:

benisa

Reaction score
nice collection and look well tied, sure to catch a bone or two;)

bigjim5589

Reaction score
Thanks! I doubt I'll ever get the opportunity for Bonefish, but they're not the only fish that will eat these flies. ;)

I asked on another site with folks who are more local to me what size flies they use here for targeting the coastal fish, and most said 2's & 4's. :)