Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  435
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Default re: "The 2017-2018 Miracle XL+"

Three more boxes made their way through the front doors of the post office earlier today, and by the time that the feather and thread bits settle from the "hackle-thon" this coming weekend, the plan is to release yet another handful of boxes. If you wouldn't mind, please give me a heads-up when the packages hit your mailboxes, guys.

Here's hoping that the rains subside, and that the river starts to return to more normal flows for this time of year. I wish you all safe wades, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

2. Likes dennyk, mcnerney liked this post

As promised, my mail carrier picked up one load this morning, and if all goes as planned, she'll have more to carry back to the post office in the coming days. Please let me know when you get them, guys...

As for me? It's back to the vise and the "hackle-thon." Wade 'em safe, my friends, and tighten a line for yours truly. And, thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Jerry, so happy to get to make my first order with you today. Let me know if you need anything from me.

Thanks

Matt Bright
    Last edited by mtbright; 07-18-2017 at 11:25 PM.

6. Likes hairwing530, GrtLksMarlin, mcnerney liked this post

Matt,

Many thanks for your order, my friend. I've officially entered into the "gearing up" phase, that time of year when I start purchasing the tools/materials/et al for the upcoming Fall/Winter tying sessions with "my kids." And, right now, every $$$ helps.

The first ties have been made on your fly box, Matt, and it won't be all that long before you have flies in hand. Thanks again, and by the way... Welcome to the best fly-fishing forum on the planet! It's THE best place for a fly-wrangler to call "home..."

Back to the vise. Take good care...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

8. Likes GrtLksMarlin, mcnerney liked this post

Five more packages hit the road tomorrow, with most sporting a "2-Day" delivery tag, courtesy of USPS. Please give me a shout-out when the boxes hit your doorstep, guys.

The week ahead should be a productive one for me at the vise, as the river corridor will be host to the long list of activities leading up to the annual "AuSable River Canoe Marathon," come next Saturday. So, the intent is to finish up a few standing orders while getting in some "extras" ties as well. Have a great Sunday, my friends, and wade 'em safe...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

10. Likes GrtLksMarlin, mcnerney liked this post

Jerry,

Just got back home and opened up the Miricle XL+. TREMENDOUS! Really great selection based on the hatch chart I gave you. And I can't wait to try the extra bugs...the community I live in has a nice 16 acre pond with a nice population of Largemouth. Need to get down there early before it gets to hot and they are feeding on the edges at the top.

Will definitely be making a trip to Western Maryland soon for the Savage River and North Branch of the Potomac.

I'll should be back to you as fall arrives for some Striped Bass ammo...

Thank you again...I'm like a little giddy child at Christmas!

Bill

12. Likes hairwing530, GrtLksMarlin, mcnerney liked this post

Bill,

It was a pleasure on my end. Tying/building a fly box via hatch charts allows me plenty of room for "interpretation," and I tried to make sure that your "Miracle XL+" box included a broadly interpreted selection of "bugs." Enjoy, Bill.

And, many thanks for your kindness and generosity in thinking of "my kids" and me. The money already is being put to good use, as the "gearing up" phase for this Fall/Winter's tying classes already is underway.

Wade safe, fish hard, and enjoy every moment of your time on the water, Bill. And, thanks again...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

14. Likes GrtLksMarlin, mcnerney liked this post

Jerry, just received the Miracle 100XL box and it's fantastic, just as ordered plus some great bonus flies. Almost hate to get them out and fish 'em, but I will. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes GrtLksMarlin, hairwing530, mcnerney liked this post

I am still on a previous box that Mike Ridenour gifted to me for Christmas. This box certainly is a value to consider!
    Rick

18. Likes hairwing530, mcnerney, k_e_v liked this post

Dean,

Thanks for letting me know of their safe arrival. Have a great time on the water with your kids. There's nothing quite like the hours spent watching your child come into their own as "fly-wranglers." Take this from a Dad who knows...

And, Rick? Thanks for the vote of confidence, my friend. Let me know when you're ready for a refill.

Have a great weekend, everybody. I'm planning on a weekend at the vise, as the annual AuSable River Canoe Marathon is holding court on the river over the next few days.

Jerry, aka hairwing530

20. Likes mcnerney liked this post
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast