Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  557
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Default Re: "The 2017-2018 Miracle XL+"

The last 8 or so days have seen a steady flow of departures from the tying desk, many of which already have arrived in their new homes. And, with a new shipment of empty boxes, hooks and materials expected to arrive before the weekend, there's little doubt as to where the coming holiday weekend will find me at the vise wrapping hooks. Given my continued stay on the Injured Reserve list-- and a forecast that includes 5 or 6 days of rain, I'm fine with catching up on some "bugs" in need of tying.

For those planning a Labor Day weekend spent astream, wade safe and take good care, my friends. And, my thanks to you all for thinking of "my kids" and me throughout the year...

Get 'em wet and fish 'em hard, guys, and set a hook for me when you can...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

2. Likes trs, mcnerney liked this post

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!

hairwig530 flies are now banned in the US, Canada, and AK.
    They've been branded unethical and unsportsmanlike. They're too much like chum. Drop one in the water and the fish come running and go in to a feeding frenzy!!! Causing other nearby fisherman to not catch fish and have to stand by and watch you reel in fish after fish hollering "FISH ON!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!"

Make sure you check your local laws before ordering.
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the morning "pick me up." Much appreciated...

Given your descriptions of my "bugs"-- chum?!? --it probably won't be long before somebody tries to ban the "secret sauce" that I apply to all of my dubbing. Thanks again, Kevin...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

5. Likes kevind62, ejsell, mcnerney, scotty macfly liked this post

Another handful now delivered this past week, and if I can discipline myself to stay put at the vise today, another fairly large group will take their leave by Tuesday morning. As always, my friends, many thanks for thinking of "my kids" and me.

As for yours truly? It's back to the vise. Have a great Sunday, guys, and take good care...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

7. Likes mcnerney liked this post

As promised, a group of boxes made good on their escape this past week, and if the tying gods remain kind to yours truly, another sizeable bunch will take up almost all of the space inside my mailbox early this coming week. Given that my fishing season never really got started, wrapping hooks has been my only way to stay in the game, so to speak.

Enjoy the weekend, guys. It's 65 degrees here on the AuSable River, and the colors are just getting started. Hence, the parade of drift boats passing by in front of the house...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

9. Likes mcnerney, Redbrook liked this post

Some two weeks out from my last post to this thread, I've lost count of the number of packages that have departed via USPS's Priority Mail service. And, with the weekend promising even more rain in copious amounts, it would appear that the vise and I will be keeping company throughout. And, that's fine by me, as left leg continues to be a bit slow in the healing process.

Have a great weekend, guys, and be safe on the water. And, as always, thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me. The Saturday classes are rapidly approaching their kickoff...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

11. Likes mcnerney liked this post

As I roll into a Sunday to be spent at the vise-- the weather has been rain, cold, more rain and more cold --it's gratifying to see that the order paperwork pile has diminished greatly in size. And, because of a late-evening delivery of "bench necessities"-- hackle, hair and hooks --my plan is to reduce the height of the paperwork even more. Keep an eye on your mailboxes, guys...

Here's to a grand October Sunday, wherever your travels may take you...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

13. Likes mcnerney liked this post

With today's departures of fly boxes, I'm finally able to catch an occasional glimpse of the top of the old roll-top desk that serves as my "tying hub." Soon, I actually may be able to devote a little more time to some of my off-season projects-- the tying classes with "my kids," requested Christmas gift boxes, and continuing the filling of the CFR/PHW boxes for the April 2019 donation. And, thanks to a few of my "fishing cronies" who took pity on my "old and gimpy" status, the firewood supply on the porch looks sufficient to last well into next year.

For those of you who allowed me the privilege of tying your bugs, my thanks to you for thinking of "my kids" and me. And, for those whose flies I didn't tie? Thanks for casting a look at my fly boxes. Much appreciated...

As for me? There's still work to do at the bench. Wade/travel safe in the coming weeks, and as always, thank you for having my back...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

15. Likes Ard, mcnerney liked this post

Last week's shipments all have finally arrived, and with their deliveries, I'm headed into the home stretch of emptying the "orders" file, barring any "must have" Christmas orders, that is. Last year, I still was putting the finishing touches on a few gift boxes a few days before the holiday. Thankfully, they all were somewhat "local" deliveries, and USPS was working overtime.

Guys, thanks again for allowing me to vicariously fish beside you all via my "bugs." It was both an honor and a privilege, the point of which was further driven home during last Saturday's tying class with the members of the 2018-2019 group of "my kids." Much appreciated, my friends...

Here's to a grand holiday season to come. May you all be as blessed as I have felt over these past years...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

17. Likes scoutm, mcnerney, ejsell, Redbrook liked this post
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930