Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  697
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Default Re: "The 2019 Miracle XL+"

Windwarrior,

The narrowing down of your location helps immensely. Many thanks for that.

Opening Day kicks off here on the river tomorrow, and as usual, we piled up the nice days earlier in the week, with the "chill factor" returning on Saturday morning. We just can't seem to shake the "weather nasties" for long this year.

Still, since daughter Jesse is home for the Opener, I'll be riverside for a bit tomorrow. Given the current status of my left leg, however-- swollen and sore -- my time on the water will be limited. Even so, I'll be perched on the bank and have the chance to watch my daughter work the water. And, to me, that is priceless.

Have a great weekend, Windwarrior...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

2. Likes dennyk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
    Windwarrior,

The narrowing down of your location helps immensely. Many thanks for that.

Opening Day kicks off here on the river tomorrow, and as usual, we piled up the nice days earlier in the week, with the "chill factor" returning on Saturday morning. We just can't seem to shake the "weather nasties" for long this year.

Still, since daughter Jesse is home for the Opener, I'll be riverside for a bit tomorrow. Given the current status of my left leg, however-- swollen and sore -- my time on the water will be limited. Even so, I'll be perched on the bank and have the chance to watch my daughter work the water. And, to me, that is priceless.

Have a great weekend, Windwarrior...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
    Nice! Nothing better than enjoying watching the offspring love the same passion!!! Enjoy that moment brother!!!!

4. Likes dennyk, hairwing530 liked this post

Windwarrior,

When you have a minute, would you please send me your full shipping address? It wasn't on the Paypal sheet, and your box is nearing completion.

Feel free to send it to my home e-mail: jwarrington1@copper.net

Take good care, my friend. And, yes... it was nice to spend a good portion of the weekend watching my youngest daughter work the river, even if the Old Man was perched atop the bank. She's a great kid, and one helluva fisherman.

Have a good one, WW...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Email sent

And, one e-mail sent your way. Many thanks, WW...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

A large group of boxes departed Grayling yesterday, all bound for their new homes. And, come the first of next week, they will be joined in the USPS Priority Mail system by another handful. With the erratic weather throwing off many of the usual hatches, I'm getting a fair amount of "vise work" finished off.

Have a great weekend, guys, and if you're going to be on the water, wade 'em safe. And, thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

9. Likes dennyk liked this post

Given that the left ankle/Achilles aren't reacting as well as expected to my time in waders, my plans for the weekend include finishing up a few more boxes and getting them ready for shipment on Monday and Tuesday of this coming week. I'm spreading them out over two days so as not to incur the wrath of my mail carrier.

Have a great weekend, guys, and wade 'em safe. And, thanks as always, for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Blue Ridge, Rappahanock, Potomac, Salmon River, NY and soon Sandy River, Oregon

Jerry,
    I have read through this thread and all I can say is what an inspiration. Thanks for all you do. I will send you a PM so that I can better understand the options thanks.
    "To many afflicted Eastern fishermen, the 'Green Drake Hatch' is as irresistible and habit-forming as black jack, whiskey, or easy women."
    Caucci and Nastasi, Hatches II

12. Likes hairwing530, k_e_v liked this post

Hey City Rat,

A PM should be in your mail box. And, thank you for the kind words. One day, I'll bore you to tears with the long story about how the "my kids" project came to be.

Be well, and enjoy the forum, CR...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Four packages arrived at their destinations earlier today, with another pair landing tomorrow. By mid-week, another trio should be off and running, hopefully making an appearance before the upcoming holiday.

Wade safe and enjoy the "bugs," guys. And, thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast