Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  728
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Default Re: "The 2019 Miracle XL+"

Jerry, I just received the latest "miracle box"! It looks awesome and I see you did some "homework" on me... Going to give those miracle "old school" flies a work out on one of my bamboo rods next week! Thanks again to you and your kids another fine job!

Tight lines brother!

Tim C.

2. Likes hairwing530, mcnerney liked this post
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Hey Tim,

Many thanks for letting me know that your latest box arrived without issue. Yeah, I like to include a few flies tied by "my kids" with every box, as it allows me to showcase the skill sets that are possible for younger tiers, even those facing the adversities endured by many of "my kids." As I know too well, cancer is one of the most relentless and cruel diseases out there.

Let me know how you do with those bi-visibles I sent your way. Like you, I've tied on a few while fishing my one and only bamboo rod, and for an "oldie," the flies performed admirably. The blue version accounted for one of the largest browns I've ever taken on the AuSable River, a fish large enough to silence the critics-- aka "the fishing cronies." And, the way I see it, any fly that can quiet that group is good in my book!

Have a great weekend, Tim, and thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

4. Likes mcnerney, tcorfey liked this post

IMG_3302.jpg
    A freestyle type salmonfly

6. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Good Saturday Afternoon, honyuk96...

It's been awhile, my friend. I'm glad to see that you're still at the vise on a regular basis, and still tying up some beautiful salmon flies.

By the way, has your son had a chance to wet a fly lately? Inquiring minds and all that.

Drop me a note at the cabin whenever time allows. And, thanks for posting some of your handiwork. I never get tired of seeing your craftsmanship.

Have a good weekend, honyuk96...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Seven more boxes are "in the wind" and headed to their new locales. Fish 'em hard, guys, and let me know how you do.

As for yours truly? The plan is to revisit the vise for an hour or two after dinner before wandering down to the river. There still are a few of the "big bugs" coming off on the river right around the twilight hour. We shall see...

Have a good one, everybody, and thanks again for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

And, another handful has made good on their escape plan, having departed the friendly confines of Grayling earlier this morning. Let me know when you get 'em, guys. And, my thanks to you all for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738