Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  728
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Default "The 2019 Miracle XL+"

As it was in 2018, the "Miracle XL+" fly box will continue to be the mainstay box in 2019, along with the "Miracle 100+" box and the "Streamers/Stones 2019" box. The biggest difference in the "Miracle XL+" box is that it always boasts fly counts in excess of 130+ "bugs" overall-- dries, nymphs, emergers, cripples, et al.--along with the usual extras. The "bonus bugs" are just my way of saying thanks to "my guys."

And, keeping in that approach, my plan is to do as I did last year-- keep the price at $100. with shipping still free within CONUS.

And, the mission statement remains the same, in that most of the $$$ from my tying will continue to go back into the Fall/Winter Saturday tying classes with "my kids"-- kids battling/surviving cancer, just like me. I've made it well into 21 years in my ongoing fight with the disease, and we're only halfway through our 20th-year of the tying classes with this year's group of "my kids." The classes-- vises, tools, materials, et al --remain completely free of charge, thanks in no small part of the guys who buy their flies from me. And, so long as I still can tie, the classes will always be free! They've been my way of giving back and paying it forward, and since the loss of my youngest daughter to leukemia in 2010, the classes also have become a way for me to honor her memory. Laramie was only 15 years old when she passed away, and she is missed still...

As always, Paypal works best for me, as the nearest bank branch is a 30-mile haul. If you want/need it, my Paypal information remains:
    jwarrington1@copper.net

Give the photos of the new "Miracle XL+" a look, and let me know your thoughts. And, please remember... these are "example" photos and not a "set in stone" sort of thing. I'm always more than happy to customize your fly selections to meet your needs...

Guys, thank you all for our dealings in the past. I look forward to tying up more boxes in the months to come. And, most of all, I'm grateful for the support that you've all shown "my kids" and me over the years...

Safe wades, my friends... safe wades...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 01-25-2019 at 09:29 PM. Reason: update

Blog Entries

Default re: "The Miracle XL+ 2017"

looks like a heck of a deal to me. Honestly I dont know

1) How you find the time to tie so many so consistently

2) Sell them for this price

I tie my fair amount but no where near what you crank out , for a great cause by the way.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

I have purchased one of the "old" Miracle boxes from Jerry and have another one on the way. For those of you who aren't acquainted with Jerry's work, his flies are superb and he's even a better guy

It's still a deal of a lifetime no matter how one looks at it. All those flies, a box included, I won't complain. And to help the kids do something they really enjoy, well, you got me at the word "kids".

Great idea Jerry!
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

Good Morning, guys. Some thoughts on this frigid Friday morning...

comeonavs... I tie as much as I do for two reasons-- my love of a good fly, and for "my kids." I've been on both sides of the table, so to speak-- cancer survivor, and the father of a child lost to cancer nearly 7 years ago. As I recovered from my first brain tumor, I decided then and there to do whatever I could to help kids battling/surviving cancer, just as I was. After all, during my recovery/physical rehab, many of the kids from the Children's Cancer Wing became daily visitors to my room, just to watch me tie as a means of helping me to recover my hand-to-eye coordination. It was a "game-changer" for me and mine, and "my kids" took on an even greater importance to yours truly when my youngest daughter left us in 2010, after losing her battle with leukemia. She was only 15 at the time, but she always kept a fly vise close until her passing.

So, it is for her and all of "my kids" that I'm willing to spend my days at the vise, and to salt those hours with as many well-tied flies as possible. Because, in the end, without the support of my "fishing cronies" near and far-- aka many of the guys here on the forum --I wouldn't be in my 18th year of doing the free annual tying classes with "my kids." And, that, my friends, is priceless, indeed...

And, cletus? If I can get your "cheat sheet" done this morning, my plan is to ship your box later today, tomorrow at the latest. Many thanks, Eric...

scotty mac? May you always be blessed with the best of it all, my friend...

As for me? I've got "chicken" to be wrapped, and bugs to be made. May you all know safe wades whenever you're astream...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Guys,

Just a quick note... I've updated/upgraded the photos of the new "Miracle XL+" fly box. Thought you'd want to know.

With the woodstove calling and class with "my kids" soon to start later today, I've got a few more flies to finish up this AM. Have a great Saturday, my friends, and if you're lucky enough to be on the water, tighten a line for yours truly...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

7. Likes GrtLksMarlin, jaybo41, mcnerney liked this post

The first of the "Miracle XL+" boxes are away, with a few more to follow over the next couple of days. Let me know when the boxes hit your doorsteps, guys, and your thoughts on the selection.

Many thanks to you all...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

9. Likes GrtLksMarlin, jaybo41, mcnerney liked this post

Jerry,

I just received my Adams Family box and extras in the mail yesterday. Wow! As usual, you've outdone yourself. Their almost too nice to fish....but I will. Thank you my friend!

Eric

Eric,

You're quite welcome! I had a good time tying up another "Adams Family" box, one similar to scotty mac's collection. And, with an unexpected storm still dumping snow outside, you'll no doubt find me splitting time between my woodstove chores and the vise-- less on the former, and more on the latter. I love the oak and tinder warmth of a good fire, but not nearly as much as I enjoy watching a growing pile of finished "bugs..."

Get 'em wet and fish 'em hard, my friend. You know where more can be found whenever you need a refill. Thanks again, Eric, for thinking of "my kids" and me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

12. Likes jaybo41, mcnerney liked this post

Four packages head out with today's mail, with another four slated for departure on Tuesday morning. May the flies/boxes all bring with them that for which they were named-- miracles of the extra-large variety, during every hour spent on the water...

Have a good Saturday, guys, and thanks again...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

14. Likes mcnerney, jaybo41, jmckinl1 liked this post
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast