Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What Are You Tying & Fishing?

Blog Entries

Default What Are You Tying & Fishing?

I know that pictures would be a good thing but my main computer which hosts all my photo programs is at the computer garage getting a tune up. So I'll ask you to post what you're making and tossing to the fish and I'll follow up with photos as soon as I can.

It's a shame really because I've made a stock of really cool tubes. They are Northern European style ties and follow along the Sunray Shadow type of flies I've been fishing a bit. I've got a fresh batch of Willie Gunn's and Wilkinson Sunray's tied in several variations and won't be on the forum tomorrow (Wednesday 10 - 29) because I'm going to go take them fishing

If you're tying tubes I'm particularly interested in seeing your innovations so please post away. I promise some river shots tomorrow night even if I have to download a program to make that happen...............

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Default Re: What Are You Tying & Fishing?

Ard,

I tied up these the other night. Claret Devil Spey's. They a Claret Varient of Davie McPhails Red Devil Spey - claret because I had a GP skin dyed claret on hand....
    I included the video below which has a materials list on the you tube page if you click through to there.

With JC cheeks

No JC cheeks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3_86t_hTbc]Tying the Red Devil Spey by Davie McPhail. - YouTube[/ame]

3. Likes runningfish, Ard, Liphookedau, jaybo41 liked this post

Nice,
    So much better than my San Juan worm.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

5. Likes Ard liked this post
    Blog Entries

Hey Eunan,

Those are beautiful! I use a fly I call the red head here for trout and char that works well and your ties look very much like it, I'm thinking they will catch for you.

Very nice

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Hi Eunan again a couple of Realiy Nice Ties.
    Brian