Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinky's Revenge

Default Re: Pinky's Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by weiliwen View Post
    I've never tied a fly with a stinger hook, so excuse my ignorance - why not snell the stinger line onto the hook instead of tying it on, doubling back, and wrapping again? I'm sure there's a good reason, but like I said, I've not tied a fly with a trailing hook so I don't know.
    Are you talking snell the Fireline on the shank or snell the Fireline to the stinger hook?
    Kory Boozer

National Sales Representative & Dealer Services - StealthCraft Boats

Quote Originally Posted by kwb View Post
    Are you talking snell the Fireline on the shank or snell the Fireline to the stinger hook?
    I was talking about the Fireline to the shank. I've snelled double hooks like this when I was trolling herring in my non-flyfishing days.

Quote Originally Posted by weiliwen View Post
    I was talking about the Fireline to the shank. I've snelled double hooks like this when I was trolling herring in my non-flyfishing days.
    Few reasons I do it as I do.

Because I want it doubled over in a loop, that way I can change out the stinger hook when needed, if it gets dinged or whatever. I have had some of these flies I landed 15 or more fish on because I could change out the hooks.

I don't want a single strand running back, the double strand adds stiffness which is a good thing to an extent.

It's also fast and easy to do it as I do and they never come loose, gives the lead something to be glued to and I don't want that Fireline up towards the front of the fly at all as that craft fur spins out evenly around the hook if you aren't tying it in over the Fireline, the dubbing head also spins much nicer and more evenly when you are putting it on just a hook and not over Fireline.

Hope that clarifies, your mileage may vary
    Kory Boozer

National Sales Representative & Dealer Services - StealthCraft Boats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12