Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Salmon Fly Tie-Along?

Default Re: Salmon Fly Tie-Along?

Thanks Allan. What a great idea, and opportunity, a "Tie-Along". Count me in.

Blog Entries

Allan: I have ordered a copy of the book from Amazon, count me in!

Larry

Hi Everyone,

Wow, some good tiers interested in this program. I want to encourage some of the newer tiers to jump in on this also. Allan intends this to be a learning process and tiers of all levels can benefit. So if you have a vise and are willing to learn some new techniques, this will be fun.

Frank

Blog Entries

I have a thread in general discussions called 'we all have something to learn' and I have plenty to learn so................ I will be a participant also. This will be a good thing.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Thanks for the interest, everyone! It looks to me like we're getting a really good group of tyers together, but there's plenty of room for more, since this isn't a swap and we don't have to tie up 10, 12 or more of any given pattern; just one each of as many of the patterns you like.

So far we've got:

Fysh
    FISHN50
    Peregrines
    ChrisinselwynNZ
    Joni
    Jimmie
    Larry
    Ard
    Pocono

Let's see if we can get a few more. In my mind, I'm thinking that 12-15 would be a good number to exchange ideas as we go along and to share our experiences at the vise, but there's really no limit.

I'll post on the materials for the first pattern, the grub, after the Labor Day weekend. Everybody enjoy their holiday!

Pocono

Allan Thank you for the PM. Count me in.

Rasevic

Thanks for the PM, I hadn't see this thread, count me in.

We've got a dozen tyers in on this tie-along, so far. That's great!

Welcome to Cicvara, Aroostookbasser and Wovenstonefly.

I'm going to put the roster on the first post on this thread, so that everyone can see who's participating without having to go from page to page
    There's still room for more, since this is not a swap.

So, go ahead and sign up if you're interested in learnig to tie Salmon Flies. I think that his will be fun!

Pocono

There are a few flies I see on here that I would LOVE to tie. I will need to order materials if it is not too much money. Some I will already have on hand probably. So please put materials in advance as much as possible. Nothing gets to me more than ordering, and they say they have it in stock, then they put me on backorder forever. Been there and done that way too many times. Anyway, this does sound like fun, and I cannot wait to get started.
    Kelly
    As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
    There are a few flies I see on here that I would LOVE to tie. I will need to order materials if it is not too much money. Some I will already have on hand probably. So please put materials in advance as much as possible. Nothing gets to me more than ordering, and they say they have it in stock, then they put me on backorder forever. Been there and done that way too many times. Anyway, this does sound like fun, and I cannot wait to get started.
    Kelly
    Kelly,

Yes, I've been there before with backorders; the materials are always backordered when you need them most!

I plan to post some of the sources that I use, along with the materials, to try to speed up the sourcing process. Having said that, a lot of the patterns will use materials that you probably already have on hand.

Welcome to this tie-along!

Pocono

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast