Some More Flat Pheasant Wings

flytie09

Reaction score
Playing around with color combinations of the fly posted previously (The Swing Shift). A fun way to waste a Sunday since we all know the NFL now sucks.....

The options are limitless.

Pink (Prawn?)

IMG_1388.jpg

Silver (Baitfish?)

IMG_1389.jpg

smoke33

Reaction score
Curious, do you fish with all these flies you tie, display them around your house as artwork, or just collect them in boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flytie09

Reaction score
I live in SW Va......so my Steelhead fishing is definitely limited to a couple of weeks a year. I travel for work a lot out the the PNW and have been to the Skagit, Deschutes, Klickitat and Hoh with these flies recently. The only grab was a jack steelhead. I might have lost one or two flies max.

I hope to hit my "home" waters on the Salmon River in NY this coming April and November. Where I know there will be a fish landed or two.

I just started tying Spey style flies a year or so ago. When I set out to learn something...I'm reading and studying all that I can get my hands on. They have a rich history, are a lot of fun to tie and are beautiful. They definitely put ones skills to the test for sure.

So I guess I'm just filling up my boxes, practicing my techniques and proportions, and trying to add some life to the sub-forum.

Prior to that it was egg sucking leeches and stoneflies.