Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriotic Fly

Default Patriotic Fly

Would you swing this with confidence. I saw this and couldn't help but chuckle......

donald trump fly.jpg
    Last edited by flytie09; 01-14-2020 at 12:24 AM.

If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.
    ~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
    ~Syd Glasso

Default Re: Patriotic Fly

Royce Dam used to tie a fly very similar to this. I watched him tie most of it one day. It took him several hours to complete the tie.

Yes, I would fish it w confidence. Two reasons, first, red and white imo are good attractor colors. Second, a proper presentation of any fly, lure or bait, will catch fish. Presentation is probably one of the top, if not thee top ingredient to catching fish.

4. Likes upstreamcast liked this post

This particular fly I stumbled across while leafing through the Fabri-Mouches website.

L'Histoire de la peche a la mouche Quebec-Maritimes et ses monteurs de mouches

The site explores Atlantic Salmon fishing in Quebec....It has a listing of prominent Canadian fly tyers with a huge collection of their work. This fly was from Robert Delisle. I don't know if he was the originator or not.

Les Mouches de Robert Delisle

The site is definitely worth exploring. I'll warn you...it's all in French...so you have to translate each page.

Many of the Atlantic Salmon flies (Speys, Dees and Hairwings) from these Canadian tyers have a very distinct look to them. Their use of color combinations, the sparseness, materials they use for hackling, etc many are unique and I found fascinating.

This particular fly is actually called President ***** Fly.....but I have to filter to keep it non-political. The comb over is unmistakable. I just thought it was fun.

~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
    ~Syd Glasso

I couldn't figure how to translate it . Is this fly for sale and how does one buy it ?

You can try contacting him via PM through his Facebook page.

~Zane Grey

~Syd Glasso

I'd like to have one for my cap . I'm not on FB . I tried to sign up but they wanted more info than I was comfortable giving . Thanks .

I'll ask him for you. I'll let you know what he says. I would venture a guess that when you find out the price....that you're not going to stick it in your fishing cap.
    Last edited by flytie09; 01-14-2020 at 09:56 PM.

~Zane Grey

~Syd Glasso

jigsup. I asked Robert and he doesnt have a website. Its outside my skills at this point with the married wing or Id take a crack at it.

There are other guys tying and selling USA flag flies.

Jon Kopczyk is one. And he has a website.

About Jon |

See if he or someone he knows will tie custom order specialty flies for you. Tell him you want the US flag fly with the big comb over and hell know what you mean.

11. Likes jigsup liked this post

Thank you for your help .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast