Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Alaskan Pattern Productivity, What Works;

AJ,

Your flies look great and they (I hope) will catch you some fish. Just the fact that you went too all the trouble to make some up is very flattering and I must thank you for your kind words.

I just came back from fishing late run silvers and the Freight Train was the ticket on this outing. Below is a blushing silver but I was happy to have it, the fish went off like a fresh one and it hit that fly like a Freight Train

[IMG][/IMG]

All together 5 fish were landed and there were another 4 who hit but were not hooked. Oddly though no trout or char were caught.............

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like you're wearing that brand new vest!!!

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Nope just the jacket

The vest is not new. I sent it back for a 're-finish' because after 10 years of use it looked really bad. With all the little flaps and nooks & crannies I wanted to have it done by the company. The re-wax cost 50 dollars but when I got the vest back I thought it was a new one. So if after ten years yours looks all dried out and ratty it can be made new again for a fee. The jacket is the one they replaced and I was warm and happy in that the past few days. Morning temperatures were around 28* and the highs were about 37. The days were perfect with sun and blue skies, below is a picture from Wednesday at around 5:30 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]

This was taken yesterday, Thursday, at about 6:00 PM. I was into a pretty good bunch of fish and didn't want to quit but I did shortly after the picture was taken. It was a matter of being able to return to the boat launch and get loaded while there was still some daylight.

[IMG][/IMG]

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

[QUOTE=Hardyreels;338890]Nope just the jacket

[The vest is not new. I sent it back for a 're-finish' because after 10 years of use it looked really bad. With all the little flaps and nooks & crannies I wanted to have it done by the company. The re-wax cost 50 dollars but when I got the vest back I thought it was a new one. So if after ten years yours looks all dried out and ratty it can be made new again for a fee. The jacket is the one they replaced and I was warm and happy in that the past few days. Morning temperatures were around 28* and the highs were about 37. The days were perfect with sun and blue skies, below is a picture from Wednesday at around 5:30 PM.

This was taken yesterday, Thursday, at about 6:00 PM. I was into a pretty good bunch of fish and didn't want to quit but I did shortly after the picture was taken. It was a matter of being able to return to the boat launch and get loaded while there was still some daylight.]

I meant to say jacket...Prefer to think of it as and age thing with no direct correlation to my intelligence.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

great pics as usual ard! nice color on the coho as well.
    looks like like winter is movin in fast up there. almost time to break out the cross country skis and the snowshoes

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

Hi Casey

It's getting cold as always but I sense I can still get a few days trouting in before it's all a thing of the past.

We are still seeing a fair number of late silvers and it seems that I know where to find them but Nancy gets the bright ones. Here she is with one of her fish from the trip. All of her fish were like this one and all of mine were blush..............

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm happy to see her catch them because she toughs it out from the morning low at 26* to the afternoon heat at 37*.

Blog Entries

nice fish nancy!

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

She caught more than I did.................................

Blog Entries

outstanding! love it my friend
    see ya next summer

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

My fiancee always outfishes me and I'm the one who taught her how to fish... I can't wait for her to pick up fly fishing, I'm already catching fish on whatever flies she ties...
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast