Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

1. Default Re: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

i sell flies too..... only trout flies 5.00 dz email at tennesseeflies@yahoo.com i can send u a flies list want i have in stock i have be tying for 21 years now..... free shipping over $30 usd

Default Re: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

check out streamflies.com All flies are 50 cents with free shipping and they are excellent quality trust me I've ordered a lot from this guy. You can't beat it anywhere.

Blog Entries

I just received 36 flies from the Fly Stop and can say they are the best looking flies I've seen. I've bought(I couldn't tie a fly if my life depended on it!) from several sources and must say I'm a bargain hunter. I know, you get what you pay for, but these flies are exceptional at 50-70 cents apiece. Can't find a single loose thread anywhere and hope they fish as well as they look!

Just got 30 flies from streamflies.com and they are amazing quality! I will be buying from them again no doubt.
    6wt 9' St.Croix Triumph w/ Allen 5/6 Reel.

Orgies had a deal on 20 flies for $10

In my experience, it's sort of like everything else in life, you get what you pay for...

I bought some ESL's about 10 years ago from a discount fly store, they were cheaper than I could afford to buy the materials and tie them for so went ahead and ordered a couple dozen. Every single one of them literally fell apart on the first few casts...

I don't buy many flies, mainly just the ones I don't like to tie and can't do it very well like large deer hair Bass bugs and whatnot, but they may cost more up front, you get a lot more use out of them though than the cheap ones...

Just my two cents,

Kory

streamflies, the fly stop, and blueflycafe are where I order from.

Streamflies!! For .50 cents each and free shipping with no minimum order I hardly tie anymore unless I need or want something special.

9. Default Re: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by adkjoe View Post
    Streamflies!!
    Streamflies does look good. Unfortunately, everything, everything I wanted was sold out!

10. Default Re: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

I've bought a couple of times from Tonto Creek Flies. The quality was impressive for the price. I think it worked out to about $.50 - $.60 per fly.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast