Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

Glad to hear good things about streamflies. I was planning on placing an order for about 50 flies.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

not being much of a tier anymore, ive found that Fly Fishing Flies, Dry Flies, Nymphs, Streamers - Blue Fly Cafe is a a good choice for good quality flies.

casey

ARFE

cariboo87 Guest

I actually tie and sell flys. I have a VERY good reputation for my quality. I hate how places sell these sweatshop made flys for ridiculous prices to new and unsuspecting flyfishers. If you have facebook go to my page (link below) and "like" it, I just opened it up and am adding more flys daily. I can tie anything, not just whats pictured. I am new to this site but hope to meet and chat with everyone and have a great time. please check out my site. I am located in Alberta!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mason-...88825584505989

Quote Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
    I tie my own so I rarely buy. The only time I buy is from a local shop if there is a specific hatch in that area. On a serious note though, even a bad fly can be a good imitation. The fish don't see quality, they just need to be fooled. When I first started tieing flies I tied what I thought were some ugly flies but the fish disagreed because they caught fish.
    After following this thread for a while I decided to give streamflies.com a shot. I've been tieing flies for some time now and I can honestly tell you that no matter where these flies were tied, they were tied well. I don't think I'll stop tieing but it's a great place for me to buy the flies I like to fish but hate to tie (especially wooven Stone flies). Thanks for the tip guys.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Thanks for the heads-up on StreamFlies. I'd never heard of them, they had some flies I'd been unable to find- #22 & #24 Bead Head Hare's Ear. The service was quick, the flies are very well tied, and the price was amazing.

6. Default Re: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

Dropped $40 at Big Y a few nights ago. Another $20 just now at Streamflies.com

Maybe I should learn how to tie

There are heaps of sellers which I see advertised from time to time as well as eBay where you can buy flies,the only reason I would buy them is if I didn't have,couldn't access the materials or if I really needed them in a hurry.
    Brian.

8. Default Re: Buying Flies without breaking your wallet?

I already have well over a 100 flies. Many I have not used yet. I have at least another 100 coming.

I need to find a good cheap "master" box to store them in. Then I can pop what I want to use for the day into my Cabelas pocket size box.

Default Master Box? MASTER BOX????

Why would you ever want a master box???
    [IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: Master Box? MASTER BOX????

Quote Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
    Why would you ever want a master box???
    [IMG][/IMG]

Gary, I can't tell if your reply was meant to encourage or scare Vapor half to death.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast