Bead colors

jcw355

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has ever tried using fingernail polish to color beads? If so was it durable? Definitely lots of shades to choose from.

ghocevar

Reaction score
Seems like it would work...I can also see it chipping off when the bead hits the riverbed. I'd say give it a whirl.

dhayden

Reaction score
Use it for hard 'egg' pattersn often.. doesn't last last long, but you can easily retouch

theboz

Reaction score
I've used the jig paint it works well . Beads come in so many colors now and they are cheap so it's easy just to buy them. If your fly shop doesn't have the color you like try a craft store.

jcw355

Reaction score
Seems like it would work...I can also see it chipping off when the bead hits the riverbed. I'd say give it a whirl.
That's what I was thinking and was hoping someone had tried it to say if it was durable or not. Might just buy a bottle of red to try out. Tied a few miracle nymphs with a tungsten red bead that caught me some fish yesterday. I don't have any bigger red tungten beads so I may try it out.

jaybo41

Reaction score
I've used the jig paint it works well . Beads come in so many colors now and they are cheap so it's easy just to buy them. If your fly shop doesn't have the color you like try a craft store.
I'm with theboz. Since beads come in so many colors I just buy the color I want. I can make much better use of my time tying as opposed to painting a bead with nail polish.