Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: firs ever

Default firs ever

here is a pic of my first ever grayling guys,ive been chasing her for quite a while,
    sorry i know its in wrong place but spend my time in fly section so just wanted to share my joy with you guys.
    THANKS TO THE LADY OF THE STREAM FOR LETTING ME CATCH HER,WHAT A WAY TO START MY YEAR

Default Re: firs ever

Well done man! One day I'll hook one of those beauties!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Nice grayling bigtel, congratulations. Not looking for specifics but where were you fishing? Montana?

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Nice grayling bigtel, congratulations. Not looking for specifics but where were you fishing? Montana?

Dave
    the good old north east of england dave my home town

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Congrats. They are a really pretty fish. The way the scales do in sunlight is something you can't get in a photo. Have to see it in person to really appreciate how they look. I haven't caught one in something like 40+ years and I still remember it like it was last ..... month? Cob webs.

Aaaah, my mistake, thought you lived in New England, didn't read the fine print that says North East England...lol

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Congrats on the great looking Grayling, they certainly are a beautiful fish!

Larry
    Larry

What a fish! I also hope to catch one someday. Thought about it when I fished the Au Sable in Grayling Michigan, where there used to be Arctic Grayling, but no more. Thanks for posting the pictures!
    - William

Blog Entries

wonderful fish!
    back in 2001 i caught a 21" on the kvichak in ak.
    probably the most beautiful fish i've ever caught.

casey

ARFE