Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klinkhammer

Default Klinkhammer

I was wondering if anyone uses the Klinkhammer. I started fishing this fly last year and did so good on it I have been buying them in lots of sizes and colors. What are your experience with this fly.
    Craig

Default Klinkhammer

I haven't fished with them yet, but I have tied one or two of them up. Great looking flies that are supposed to be highly productive.
    - Ian

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Klinkhammer

This pattern is a 'Standard, in the fly box' if you live in the UK.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I like it and find it to be a useful pattern, especially as an emerger. For that I tie it in 16's or 18's. As a 12 or 14 it can make a good 'indicator' for a small nymph or dry fly that would be hard to see on the water. You can tie it in really any mayfly pattern, just tweek the dubbing and hackle. Can also use a bit of foam on the top if you want a more buoyant indicator.
    - William

I fished these flies last year (dry fly nut) and was struck at how productive they are. I only fished this dry fly (last year) in different sizes and colors and they all work very very well. It is a standard in the UK, when I lived there I am not sure if they were available or not. Going to see how well I do this year on them.

Craig)

Blog Entries

It's one of the best emerging patterns around. Depending on size, color, and dress, a Klinkhammer could represent a caddis or a mayfly.

If you plan on tying them, I highly suggest using the Partridge brand Klinkhammer hooks. They have the right bend and gap.

Dennis

7. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Default Klinkhammer

I have fished them a lot in both rivers and still waters. Very productive and as has been stated by others a standard in the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Eddie
    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation."
    Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by shimloom View Post
    I was wondering if anyone uses the Klinkhammer. I started fishing this fly last year and did so good on it I have been buying them in lots of sizes and colors. What are your experience with this fly.
    Craig
    If you want to try a version of a klinkhammer before buying it, cut the tail fibers off of a parachute, and bend the hook down 30-45 degrees behind the post.

http://www.wrvtu.org/newsletter/PDF/...%20version.pdf
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post

To anyone interested in the history behind and a tutorial on the Klinkhamer Special might want to check this out Klinkhmer special
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

I'd tie more if I had the right hooks. Putting them on the list. Great idea on bending the hook too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast