Sparkle antennae and tail...

coloradocaddis970

Reaction score
Tried a new style of girdle bug today on the Colorado River. Along with the Flexi-Floss of the antennae and tail i tied in an equal length of RootBeer color pearl flash. Just a little something to bring some additional attention in off color water. IT WORKED!! Very well actually, landed the largest fish of the day and several others on this using a double girdle rig. Im going to be tying a few more of these to give to a few frequent floaters of the Mighty C and see how they do. I'll post an edit with pics after i get a few cranked out.

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I love girdle bugs especially early in the season, would like to see what your latest creation looks like. When you go to post a photo, just realize that the forum does not permit you to upload a photo directly from your computer into a post. There are a couple methods, probably the easiest is to upload your photos to a third party site like PhotoBucket and then link the photos using the little yellow rectangular icon with what looks like a mtn and sun (it is located above the area you type in posts. The other method is to create a photo album/gallery, upload your photos there and then use the yellow icon to link into a post. Here is the detailed version: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f.../303141-few-tips-posting-pictures-forums.html