flys for caney fork river TN

crestedgeckoguy

Reaction score
Hello everybody I'm new here on the forums and new to flyfishing I was wandering about flys that would be good for caney fork in Tennessee if you could help that would be great:biggrin:

mysticm

Reaction score
Hi,
Small flies (20-24) - Griffith's gnats, zebra midges, BWO or Adams, PT nymphs.
Here is a good resource
Caney Fork Guide
Fly Fishing the Caney Fork Tailwater in Tennessee

If you can swing it financially, strongly suggest hiring a guide since you state that you are new to FF. The Caney is a challenging water for newcomers due to the pressured trout. Hiring a good guide for your first time there will save a lot of frustration.

Getting suggestions on fly patterns is one thing, understanding how to fish them effectively for the conditions specific to a particular stream / river is another thing all together.

Good luck. Also welcome to the forum :)

crestedgeckoguy

Reaction score
Hi,
Small flies (20-24) - Griffith's gnats, zebra midges, BWO or Adams, PT nymphs.
Here is a good resource
Caney Fork Guide
Fly Fishing the Caney Fork Tailwater in Tennessee

If you can swing it financially, strongly suggest hiring a guide since you state that you are new to FF. The Caney is a challenging water for newcomers due to the pressured trout. Hiring a good guide for your first time there will save a lot of frustration.

Getting suggestions on fly patterns is one thing, understanding how to fish them effectively for the conditions specific to a particular stream / river is another thing all together.

Good luck. Also welcome to the forum :)
thank for your help sadly I don't have money for a guide but I'l try and find new water for tout and next time I goI'l try those flies :)