Euro style flies

goshawk87

Reaction score
I am planning on trying Euronymphing next year. For those of you that have done it, what are some flies you have had success with, I can be tying over the winter? I have a couple compatition styles flies I fish already, but I am looking to add a few more.

boisker

Reaction score
Exact nymph type isn’t specific to the style.. all your usual successful nymph types will be successful.... it’s just the techniques that vary...
Specific ones associated with euro-nymphing would be things like perdigon- heavy, smooth and fast sinking, Czech style nymphs...
but any work... just balance the weight, current to depth required.

J

james w 3 3

I'm a big fan of the Rainbow Warrior tied on a jig hook.
Never leave home without it, a definite must have.

Matt4.0

Reaction score
If you haven't seen this DVD, I highly recommend it, it has a ton of information on Euro Nymphing and also details how to tie 14 of their confidence flies:
http://www.tacticalflyfisher.com/mo...ues-dvd-featuring-devin-olsen-and-lance-egan/

YouTube has some pretty good videos on tying Euro Nymphs:
YouTube
Since I watched this video I've been tying Lance's version of the frenchie and almost always use it as my lead fly. Works great for getting the rig down quick and I've caught several on them too.

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Exact nymph type isn’t specific to the style.. all your usual successful nymph types will be successful.... it’s just the techniques that vary...
Specific ones associated with euro-nymphing would be things like perdigon- heavy, smooth and fast sinking, Czech style nymphs...
but any work... just balance the weight, current to depth required.
I 100% back boisker's post.

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
I tie up multiple “ Frenchys “ i add variouse colors for a hot spot ..jig hooks in 18\20. Bead head does fine for me , i tie plenty because i always seem to snag up on every rock in the river , “ nymphing isnt my favorite but i do a bit

Airborne

clouserguyky

Reaction score
As mentioned already, all your trusty stand bys will work and in many water types (not all) will work better with those techniques. But as also mentioned already, try tying your favorites on jig hooks in various weights.

blogflyfish

Reaction score
So, in the winter, I like to throw two flies. One is bright and the other is substantial looking. My goal is to get the languid fish to move. Sometimes, the anchor fly is bright or drab; for the dropper, I do the opposite. Examples:

- Anchor: Pat's Legs; Dropper: Rainbow Warrior #20
- Anchor: Big Squirmy in pink; Dropper: Midge Larva #22