Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: The single most productive.....

I like to use them both, Wooly Bugger and BH Hare Ear, as a Dropper/Dropper Setup. With about 18 inches of line tied off the Wooly Bugger.

I also love Zonkers for Larger Trout, Natural Color is my choice...

Thanks

Charlie

AZFISHGUIDE.COM

Default Re: The single most productive.....

I find the best for me is a Pheasent tail, or caddis puppa nymphs, as midge puppa are not well studied over here theres not many books that mention them and I am still yet to have any sucess with them, and I dont use buggers much as most of my fishing is in small streams

Chris

3. Talking Re: The single most productive.....

I've only been ffing for a year and half, but I NEVER get skunked as long as I have some bead head prince nymphs or zebra midges. Those are my two favorites for stream or river fishing.

Hi Everyone,

I think it is all about where you are fishing. In Alaska I used different flies than I do in the lower 48. I use different flies in tail waters than I do in free flowing rivers. So I pretty much have my favorites for different locations.

Frank

Exclamation Re: The single most productive.....

Quote Originally Posted by basco View Post
    I've only been ffing for a year and half, but I NEVER get skunked as long as I have some .........
    Oh boy....You put the horns on it now
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

6. Red face Re: The single most productive.....

You make a very good point there Rip Tide! Perhaps I got a little carried away with that last post...Let me rephrase, " I have had very good luck when fishing with a bead head prince or a zebra midge."

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

I posted that my best was a clouser style marabou leech I tie. However, at night my best is turning out to be a blue/white clouser that I have been mixing the white bucktail with white glow in the dark flashabou. I have been using a UV cap light to charge the flashabou and the eyes ( lead hourglass that I coat with charteuse glow in the dark Pro Tec powder paint. ) I have been clobbering big Walleyes with this fly. The best part is that the glow stuff does not change the way it looks in daylight which has been working pretty well before dark.

8. Default Re: The single most productive.....

My Ultimate Fly...........olive scud in rivers, but fall back to a black nosed dace in area lakes.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
    Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    I posted that my best was a clouser style marabou leech I tie. However, at night my best is turning out to be a blue/white clouser that I have been mixing the white bucktail with white glow in the dark flashabou. I have been using a UV cap light to charge the flashabou and the eyes ( lead hourglass that I coat with charteuse glow in the dark Pro Tec powder paint. ) I have been clobbering big Walleyes with this fly. The best part is that the glow stuff does not change the way it looks in daylight which has been working pretty well before dark.
    Dan, I liked that pattern you made on the first page, I'm gonna have to try that too. What sizes are most rewarding for you?
    As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
    Dan, I liked that pattern you made on the first page, I'm gonna have to try that too. What sizes are most rewarding for you?
    I use a Mustad 3665A #4 hook and medium lead hourglass eyes. When I tie the leech pattern, I use Marc Petijean clips and loop dub tha marabou with no stems. They are tough flies. You have to break off each and every fiber to kill one. It usually takes two feathers to tie one. I use the tips from both feathers for the tail and loop dub the rest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast