Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Fly Jig Hook Recommendation

The Tactical Fly Fisher probably carries the most extensive line - up of different brand jig hooks including Hanak, Hends, Dohiku, Firehole Sticks, Gamakatsu, Partridge, Orientsun and Fulling Mill:

http://www.tacticalflyfisher.com/fly...ooks/jig-hook/

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, " How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

2. Default Re: Fly Jig Hook Recommendation

I use soaring Eagle Outfitters. He has great top notch materials and is very good quick getting everything to you. They have everything hooks beads dubbing feathers ect...
    Last edited by Ard; 12-20-2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Removed the link, you seem to be pushing this business?

3. Default Re: Fly Jig Hook Recommendation

Check out Soaring Eagle Outfitters in Blue Ridge and Clarksville Georgia They carry 3 types/price points on jig hooks and have a huge selection of slotted tungsten. They have a Christmas Sale going on of Buy 2 get 1 free on their premium hooks. I solely tie with them. They also have a ton of pictures on their facebook page and instagram.

4. Default Re: Fly Jig Hook Recommendation

Big T Fly Fishing Guide Service In Georgia

Big T is where I purchase my jig hooks and beads

Default Re: Fly Jig Hook Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
    Not all hooks have the same strength and temper nor use the same steel or manufacturing processes. Gamakatsu SC-15 hooks are incredibly thin wire hooks considering the fish they are expected to take, but Iíve never had one fail. Iíve had much thicker wire hooks from a different maker open up on the same class of fish using the same pressure during the fight.
    It's funny you mention this and I just saw this post today, I was talking to a friend, who has been guiding for redfish in Delacroix. He had a couple of SC-15 hooks open up on him on bull reds. He has used these same hooks on tarpon for years without a failure. Sometimes I think a bad batch of steel gets by their QC people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123