Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Once you got em, where to put em

1. Default Once you got em, where to put em

For the fly tyer who just can't stop tying and needs some place to put those extra flies this little bead storage box is just the thing to keep you organized.
    I tie a lot of midge patterns and this storage box is great for those flies that are just too plentiful to put in my fly box. I use small address labels to identify each pattern by name and size and stick them on the small boxes. i.e. Zebra midge #22 ect
    Thought some of you would be interested in this so here is where you can get one.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Craft-Storage-Removable-Compartments/dp/B001XU6XJS/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1289152532&sr=8-18"]Amazon.com: Portable Bead & Craft Storage Box With 52 Removable Compartments: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412S6LAsx5L.@@AMEPARAM@@412S6LAsx5L[/ame]

Default Re: Once you got em, where to put em

Thanks Yat. That makes a lot more sense than filling up fly boxes like I'm doing.

Blog Entries

That's a good strategy.

I use those clear Plano boxes that have the dividers for my extra flies that have not taken up residence in the fly boxes that I take on my fishing trips.

MP

Hi Yat,

That is a great idea. The individual boxes have lids and you don't have to worry about the flies getting mixed like some boxes.

Frank

I tie a lot of flies. a lot. for atlantic salmon. Mostly I give them away to fishing friends or fundraisers. I've come up with this solution to toting them around. The fly boxes are Dewitts, I bought the canvasy tote thing on fleabay. works just great:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I've been looking for just such an item. Thanks for the post Yatahey.

Bret
    Moose

"There comes a time in every man's life when he is either going to go fishing or do something worse."

-Havilah Babcock