FFF Streamers (and other flies for that matter)

letthewookiewin

Reaction score
Just felt like giving my opinion about FFF patterns, specifically Lance Egan patterns. I must say, I've caught more fish on thread frenchies, perdigons, and tungsten surveyors than all of the other classic nymphs combined. I also just tied up a Big Junk streamer and lo and behold, it catches fish. Lots of fish. I don't know what those guys do but their flies are amazing.

Does anyone else use their stuff? Any other flies from them I should consider? It's hard to move away from those three nymphs and this streamer but I'm willing to try some that others have had success with.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been fishing with the streamer flies as long as I've been fly fishing so if these are productive I'd like a peek. When you use the word streamer I think of things like these....

Classic style on hooks

Sculpins on shanks for fishing deep and swift

On Micro Tubes

letthewookiewin

Reaction score
FFF = Fly Fish Food. Sorry I should have been more clear about that. They have a pretty heavy presence online and are based out of Utah.

I don't have any pictures of suitable flies yet. I'll get some up once I do.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
FFF = Fly Fish Food. Sorry I should have been more clear about that. They have a pretty heavy presence online and are based out of Utah.

I don't have any pictures of suitable flies yet. I'll get some up once I do.
I follow FFF and love some of their patterns and i love to tie Lance Egans patterns. Currently I'm tying a few of Lance's Egan's Frenchie. Can't believe you guys never heard of FFF!

Last edited:

clouserguyky

Reaction score
I regularly tie and fish Egan's Rainbow Warrior and Cheech's Complex Twist Bugger and Cheech style Sparkle Minnows. They are excellent. Fly Fish Food is a helpful resource for the modern angler, albeit a bit overpriced. What in fly fishing isn't a little overpriced? :)