Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Random bonefish flies

EDA46169-2E2E-4FF5-ADFC-B473402B6BF6.jpg
    Here is a little critter I built today while the rain is coming down here in Alabama.

2. Likes sweetandsalt liked this post

Default Re: Random bonefish flies

My thinking, okiekev, is multiple moduli of fibers breathing differently on the strip as well as on the pause best suggest edible lifeforms to bonefish/permit. So hen hackle rabbit strips, marabou, partridge hackle, various synthetic hairs and, of course silicone strands combined make the most successful flies. Then there is the way the fly swims, does it duplicate the behavior of a crustacean?

My two fundamental bonefish flies (always a work in progress) are a Sideways Swimming Crab and Shrimp Cocktail
    B14.2 534 RF Crab&Shrimp s.jpg

4. Likes okiekev, karstopo liked this post

Default Re: Random bonefish flies

I have tried many ties but nothing ever seems produce like my go to “Reverse Hula Girl” or “Spam and Eggs”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes sweetandsalt liked this post
  7. Default Re: Random bonefish flies

Quote Originally Posted by oldskewl808 View Post
    I have tried many ties but nothing ever seems produce like my go to “Reverse Hula Girl” or “Spam and Eggs”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oldskewl, those look great. Your waters were the first place I was ever introduced to tying on black hooks. Like I mentioned with S&S, got me thinking about painting some hooks tan. Nice work

8. Default Re: Random bonefish flies

6FD7F9C9-6F24-4843-AB18-E6708DBF1B3B.jpg
    I love just coming up with ideas as I go. Not real sure what I have going on here but it has movement and swims really well. Speaking of which, am I the only one who fills the bath tub and ties up a couple of feet of flouro to see how they swim?

9. Default Re: Random bonefish flies

73243307-3978-4DD7-A06F-6FD8E8C888BD.jpg
    Shaped an EP brush here on a long shanked hook and I like the profile on this one. Could probably get away as a crab imitation or swim it like a shrimp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12