Anyone heard of Sure Strike Flies?

fylbrig

Reaction score
Hi All,
Recently came upon this vintage display card with several pre-packaged flies attached. The card has a severe crease but still displays and the flies are attached in their original unopened packages. There are several types of flies. It reads "Sure Strike" and Fish Flies along the top. Does anyone know of this company, how old this is and is there any value. I am much appreciated for any help anyone could offer. Thank you
Fylbrig1.jpg

strmanglr scott

Reaction score
I'm just taking a stab in the dark, guessing mid to late 60s.

It's pretty cool, I'd put it up on display in my man cave. Looks like you got 36 flies there @.10 cents a piece, adjusting for inflation, sort of, I'll give you $5.00 :)

flytie09

Reaction score
Sure Strike was a post war (WW II) Japanese fly tackle manufacturer. I would date at 1950s - 1960s.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Value?

Unless you enjoy them as a display in your own home I wouldn't expect any huge gain over what you may have paid.

Welcome to the forum :)

trev

Reaction score
Kind of thing seen in gas stations and hardware stores back in my childhood when there were very few tackle stores and I guess no box stores. Made in Taiwan makes me think '50s but the ten cent price is more mid '60s.
Sure Strike in several forms is a name used by many companies over the years past and present. There's a lot of Sure Strike plastic jigs from Florida on the auction at present. I know I've seen a similar card more than once but when and where I can't recall.