Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box 4 Buggers

Default Box 4 Buggers

What is a good box for Wolly Buggers. The few boxes I have seem to be a little small and overlap to much.

Default Re: Box 4 Buggers

go with the clear plastic boxes with the foam in the middle or only one side such as a cheap flambeau or my personal favorite fly box, the sa system x. the system x boxes are a bit small if you're needing something for big honkin' buggers - say bigger than size 6. for my big flies, i like the larger flambeau for streamers and buggers. and they're about $7-15 at wal-mart. lol

I like the the Orvis lightwieght boxes they come in several sizes and are arond 12 bucks . I use the large for salwater boxes and the medium for warmwater. they have held up well and hold alot of flies.
    http://www.orvis.com/store/productch...subcat_id=6030

If you've got room for them (its a pretty big box) Cliff's Bugger Barn is hard to beat- Cliff Outdoors Bugger Barn Fly Box : Fishwest Online Fly Shop
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Plano has a canvas type fold up fly box. They call it the Plano Guide Series. Very large inside. I use it for Buggers; Chernobyl Ants; etc. Just the big ones. You can recognize it by the belt clip on one side.

I have a couple C&F design boxes and when I tried to set it up last night it just seemed stuffed. Box was definitely made for smaller flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker12 View Post
    What is a good box for Wolly Buggers. The few boxes I have seem to be a little small and overlap to much.
    Unless it drives you crazy overlapping wooley buggers won't do any damage. The Marabou and the hackle come right back as soon its wet.
    Don't cringe guys but I sometimes throw a half dozen buggers in a zip lock and throw them in my pocket right before I run out to the lake...
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Blog Entries

I had been eye balling the bugger barn for my streamers and was just about to buy one when I remembered that I had a spare black plastic carrying case that originally had been for protecting a labeler. The nice thing is that it already came with the foam on the inside, all I had to do was remove the dividers. Now I have a container that is slightly larger than the bugger barn and I already have it stuffed. Need to get out fishing!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
    If you've got room for them (its a pretty big box) Cliff's Bugger Barn is hard to beat- Cliff Outdoors Bugger Barn Fly Box : Fishwest Online Fly Shop
    But Cliffatarians worldwide recognize that sometimes it's better to be referred to as "Bugger Boy" than "Skunk Boy"

I'm not so sure about this...

There's also a smaller version they developed recently called the "Crab Shack" Cliff Outdoors Crab Shack Fly Box : Fishwest Online Fly Shop
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast