Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Price's LMB flies

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    If you look at the photos of the fly, it is clearly the hardware store poly rope. The macrame stuff would soak up water I would think, making the fly sink. I'd stick to the hardware store poly rope.
    Dan,
    I know you're chronically inclined to disagree with me because you think I'm some pinko-commie or whatever, but the recipe calls specifically for "Bonnie Braid poly rope"

Bonnie Braid is a brand of MACRAME CORD-

Bonnie Braid - Macrame Super Store from Pepperell Braiding
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

I based what I said based on the 2 pictured flies being hardware store poly yellow, and hardware store poly white. On that hardware store poly won't soak up water and this is a top water fly. I don't think anyone here saw the Bonnie Bray part, including you, or it would not have been discussed for an entire page.

I only disagree with you when I think you are wrong, and for the life of me I can't remember that being chronic. I think your politics is clouding your judgement here and it has no place on this site. As a moderator you of all people should not be doing that. There is no place for that on this site.

I based what I said based on the 2 pictured flies being hardware store poly yellow, and hardware store poly white. On that hardware store poly won't soak up water and this is a top water fly. I don't think anyone here saw the Bonnie Bray part, including you, or it would not have been discussed for an entire page.

I only disagree with you when I think you are wrong, and for the life of me I can't remember that being chronic. I think your politics is clouding your judgement here and it has no place on this site. As a moderator you of all people should not be doing that. There is no place for that on this site.
    I noticed "Bonnie Braid" when I first read through it, but it didn't ring a bell.

I mentioned macrame yarn because I knew it looked like that and was commonly used for floating flies because its a hydrophobic material. I later googled "Bonnie Braid" and found that link.

You said I didn't know what I was talking about.

I corrected you.

That's all that happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
    You said I didn't know what I was talking about.
    Where?
    you're chronically inclined to disagree with me because you think I'm some pinko-commie or whatever
    Really?

See below, from the first page-

There's multiple different kinds of "poly rope" what you're after is polypropylene, rather than polyester. You also might be able to find it sold as "macrame yarn".
    If you look at the photos of the fly, it is clearly the hardware store poly rope. The macrame stuff would soak up water I would think, making the fly sink. I'd stick to the hardware store poly rope.

And that's what put your panties in a bunch???????

i think i remember reading polypropelene on the tag at lowes, but im not positive. i was actually thinking about that on the way home from the store-wondering how heavy a wet piece of rope would make the fly...

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
    seriously haha

ttt

cliff: will this stuff work?

i went back to home depot today and the stuff i bought last week was a nylon polyester blend. they had packages of nylon/polypropylene braid though. 50' for $9.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast