The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Fly fishing FAQs Find answers to the some frequently asked fly fishing questions...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 07-13-2017, 11:03 AM

texkan is on a distinguished road
Default how do you make a furled monofilamet sighter

New guy and first post. I looked and performed a couple searches, but did not find any reference to the term "furled sighter". Does anyone have a method they are willing to share for tying a furled monofilament sighter? It appears to me there are a couple available commercially, but I'd like to try tying my own. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:16 PM

rockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to beholdrockthief is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: how do you make a furled monofilamet sighter

Depending on the length you desire you could braid three strands of monofilament.

or>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKcGxGij2-0

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbcVaEe3RIs&t=181s
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes fredaevans liked this post
Old 07-21-2017, 02:27 PM
how do you make a furled monofilamet sighter

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: how do you make a furled monofilamet sighter

'RT' beat me to the web sites.

Just me, and Lord knows how many others, fruled leaders will/can last for years. Just my .02 cents but the main run out of Kevlar thread to a tippit ring.

Beyond that do what you want with the leader's. Obviously the fly line/leader's have to be a reasonable match.

fae