Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do You Nymph Fish Using a Thingamabobber?

When floating heavy rigs or in deep heavy water I will. Outside of that I use CorQs.
    Nice fish! Do you have anymore pictures of it lying in the dirt?
    As publicity increases so does the propensity of tripping over yards of mono attached to a Dipsey sinker.

Blog Entries

I am surprised that no else seems to use the Thingamabobber with the stop attached. It is all I buy anymore. It is a stop that comes pre-attached so you can't loose it. It can be used one-handed if you are nimble fingered. I also use the NZ indicator but it kinks the line as well but if I am fishing light it is the way to go.

3. Likes mizuno, Joey Bagels liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by brownbass View Post
    I am surprised that no else seems to use the Thingamabobber with the stop attached. It is all I buy anymore. It is a stop that comes pre-attached so you can't loose it. It can be used one-handed if you are nimble fingered. I also use the NZ indicator but it kinks the line as well but if I am fishing light it is the way to go.
    I'm gonna pick some up for next season.I like the NZ indicator,and the foam indicators.I'm not married to only one type.

5. Default Re: Do You Nymph Fish Using a Thingamabobber?

I fish the thingamabobber and find it to be a serious pain in the rear if you're dealing with frequent depth changes...I switched to biostrike which also has its share of down sides (gunking up your leader, flinging off during the cast etc..) gonna scrap it all and try tight lining for a while this next season...we'll see where that goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switced to a thingamabobber years ago and love them. However, when the new airflo air-strike indicators appeared I changed to those and love them even more. They're so easy to adjust depth and they don't damage your leader, what an awesome improvement.

Thingamabobbers do kink lines, and maybe you can get the kink out and maybe you cant. Air locks are great until your fingers get cold and you drop the little locking nut in the water. And both will scare spooky fish in calm water. SO, one of the earlier posts in this thread reminded me to buy the New Zealand wool indie kit -- and i just did. I hope it works.

My current plan for spooky fish is to use a big dry with two small to medium nymphs suspended below (not legal everywhere including western MT), and just adjust the tippet length from time to time as needed. Where not legal to use a big fly with two nymphs i have cut the hook off of the big fly. i think that oughta be legal, and even if not i feel damned self righteous about it.

8. Likes ejsell liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234