Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  174
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: Little tricks to share

Would it be appropriate to merge these threads together? http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...tips-4052.html

Blog Entries

No problem ,I didn't want to "steal", your thread,nothing could be further from my mind for I respect my elders on the forum

LOL. Wait a minute, your older than me.

Really not concerned about the stealing of a thread, just figured that they were close enough in subject matter that they could be combined if the Mods so desired.

It's a good topic for all to contribute to.

Thumbs up Re: Little tricks to share

Quote Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
    Trick of the week.
    Two pieces or the tip of your rod are stuck when you want to put it in your boot:hold it firmly behind your knees like on the photo and open your legs,it usually works.If you use rubber washing up gloves(or stripes of gloves or big rubber bands) it'll be easier and you won't risk to break your rod.
    If this doesn't work first time around, try icing down the ferrule joints for a bit first. As jbbfly mentioned, disposable medical or fishing gloves are even more helpful after the joint has been iced down. And be careful not to pull against the line guides or you may be into a guide re-winding operation as well.
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

Blog Entries

trick of the week:low cost wading boots soles.

You've got a pair of wading boots whose sole is worn out but the boots are still rather good.You don't want to order a replacement kit...but you've got a piece of walltowall carpet or an old doormat.So remove the old sole,rub your boots with sandpaper,put your boots on the carpet and run a marker around then cut your soles.Rub your shoes with sandpaper and spread the first layer of glue,the day after spread neoprene glue again on the boots and the soles,wait for a few minutes then stick the soles,put on the boots and stand up...for a while... It's over

Quote Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
    trick of the week:low cost wading boots soles.You've got a pair of wading boots whose sole is worn out but the boots are still rather good.You don't want to order a replacement kit...but you've got a piece of walltowall carpet or an old doormat.So remove the old sole,rub your boots with sandpaper,put your boots on the carpet and run a marker around then cut your soles.Rub your shoes with sandpaper and spread the first layer of glue,the day after spread neoprene glue again on the boots and the soles,wait for a few minutes then stick the soles,put on the boots and stand up...for a while... It's over
    Southern Engineering from France: There really are Rednecks everywhere!
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Cliff,
    You are too funny!!

For those of you who may use the Loon fly drying crystals with the little indicator that turns pink when they are "spent". Rather then buying a new batch; which Loon would love you to do, put the crystals in a small pie tin or pyrex baking dish. Put the oven on 150 degrees, and bake until the pink crystals return to the original blue color. They work just like new.

Dan

Blog Entries

trick of the week:improve the grip of your rod handle.Wrap your handle with autoadhesive strapping used by sportsmen,I find three advantages to this:1 you improve the grip2 you can increase the diameter of the handle with several layers3 you protect the cork.I 've been doing that for years and I appreciate it.
    Last edited by jpbfly; 04-25-2015 at 03:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Trick of the week:save your cell phone(this one is for Vicki fishingirl)
    When you get feathers or tying materials from your favorite shop,keep the little bad with a plastic zip...put your cell phone in the bag and shut the zip...stop a centimeter before the end then blow in to inflate it...close quicly.Your cell will be in a waterproof bag which will float...catching it with your net is another problem...will you be fast enough?

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast