Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Talking Old, but you need to buy a new 'Putter.'

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

2. Likes troutnut4 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Old, but you need to buy a new 'Putter.'

Fred: That was great, I almost busted a gut laughing so hard......great way to start a Sunday morning! Thanks!
    Larry

4. Likes fredaevans liked this post

Thumbs up Re: Old, but you need to buy a new 'Putter.'

Remember the 'Good Old Days' where a really great Comedian could put on an hour stand up and not use a single "four letter word?" Infer, but beyond 'Heck?'
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Remember the 'Good Old Days' where a really great Comedian could put on an hour stand up and not use a single "four letter word?" Infer, but beyond 'Heck?'
    That brings back some memories of the old great comedians of years past!
    Larry

Blog Entries

Pretty good that one, have you ever watched these guys; [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb0ef6NhY74]The Armstrong & Miller Show - The Origin of Smalltalk - YouTube[/ame] Armstrong and Miller. This one is called 'The Origins of Small Talk' best cave man video I've seen.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

9. Likes fredaevans liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    That brings back some memories of the old great comedians of years past!
    Bob Newheart (sp?) comes immediately to mind. On the other side of the coin another name comes mind (San Francisco). Every fifth/sixth word was a profanity. People howled in laughter (political commentary) and I just got up and walked out.

Angry Re: Old, but you need to buy a new 'Putter.'

I am sooooo PIXED I could just go out side and SCREAM AT A TREE!

Typing on an old Dell Inspiron/9200 that I bought back in 2002 (XP the operating system) and the 'new one' has 7.1 or 8.1 as the base program. You get one guess as to which is ticking right along.

Two questions: Anyone know where I can buy/install the XP program and can you chuck the 'cru d' that came in the new one?

Fred

Blog Entries

I am sooooo PIXED I could just go out side and SCREAM AT A TREE!

Typing on an old Dell Inspiron/9200 that I bought back in 2002 (XP the operating system) and the 'new one' has 7.1 or 8.1 as the base program. You get one guess as to which is ticking right along.

Two questions: Anyone know where I can buy/install the XP program and can you chuck the 'cru d' that came in the new one?

Fred
    No idea where you can buy it, I hate windows 8 with a passion (who moved my cheese ?)

XP goes end of support 4/9/14 so not to rain on your parade but maybe see if Vista is a better option.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
    No idea where you can buy it, I hate windows 8 with a passion (who moved my cheese ?)

XP goes end of support 4/9/14 so not to rain on your parade but maybe see if Vista is a better option.
    Hear you and I'll get every up-date I can find. I'd rather use 'old' than something 'new and shinie' that just flat fixking doesn't work. Is 'Oracal' (spelling?) a viable option?

fae

Blog Entries

Hear you and I'll get every up-date I can find. I'd rather use 'old' than something 'new and shinie' that just flat fixking doesn't work. Is 'Oracal' (spelling?) a viable option?

fae
    oracle is a enterprise database application, something your banks would have used transactionally along with client profiles.

Sounds like game plan is windows xp, update it to the last second and set your firewall to the max. I wish XP was staying viable. Windows vista and 7 were ok, I just can't stand windows 8
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast