Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: How about some KNOT know how!

Knots worked just great got a 31" striper yesterday I don't know what he would have been in lbs .Gave me a pretty good fight as I got him in a river with the tide on the way out (he used that to his advantage!) At about 10 min he deciced to take a long run and put me into my backing .Got it back and the knots all seamed to hold just fine .
    Thanks again!!

Blair

2. Default Re: How about some KNOT know how!

I posted this link because it is the first on I found, but invest in one of these. It comes with instructions on different knots. I use it to tie on leaders and tie my line to my backing. It's a Tie Fast Knot tool.

Tie-Fast Knot Tool
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

Default Re: How about some KNOT know how!

I second the Tie Fast tool but it is not suited for tying on light tippets. I have used it for 1X to 3X tippets but you need to make sure the tying edges are absolutely smooth. I use a fine stone and round the edges where you tie. It just takes a couple of swipes to make sure the edges are not sharp. You can use the Tie Fast any place you might use a nail knot.

4. Default Re: How about some KNOT know how!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
    I second the Tie Fast tool but it is not suited for tying on light tippets. I have used it for 1X to 3X tippets but you need to make sure the tying edges are absolutely smooth. I use a fine stone and round the edges where you tie. It just takes a couple of swipes to make sure the edges are not sharp. You can use the Tie Fast any place you might use a nail knot.
    For tippet to leader I use a surgeon's knot. It is super easy and the one I've had the best success with. I agree on not liking the tool for tieing on tippet.
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12