Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Knot in my Fly Line

A good fishing knife will have a knot needle, like the one in the CASE knife above. Those old knives are pricey, but a similar needle isn't. Put a sewing needle in a piece of cork (for safety) and keep it handy in your vest.

2. Likes Ard liked this post

Ive never gotten a knot in my fly line but I have worked out some serious knots from my furled leaders using a tooth pick. I just sat down a few weeks ago and got one out that had been there since last fall and had seen some heavy action and fish in between.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Today I swapped in some new backing and cleaned fly lines. Operating at my usual deftness, I created some real monster ball-ups.
    I had these special forceps hanging around for a while. I don't know where I acquired them, but they are just what the doctor ordered for getting knots untied.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

5. Likes ejsell, Ard liked this post
  6. Default Re: Knot in my Fly Line

That is a towel clip, used to hold sterile drapes around the surgical site in the OR.

That is a towel clip, used to hold sterile drapes around the surgical site in the OR.
    Somebody call Dr. Slick and breakout the mark up chart!

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

8. Likes ejsell liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by gpwhitejr View Post

Well technically they hold the towels which the sterile drape goes over, if you put the towels clips on the drapes they wouldn't be sterile with a hole in them anymore

I fully expect a dr slick markup soon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12