Knot Tying Tool From Yesteryear...

baconcrusader

Reaction score
Happy Sunday! Anyone remember what this tool is called, and more importantly, how to use it? I found it wedged in the bottom of a box of fly fishing odds and ends I haven't rummaged through in years. It's stamped "Orvis," but a web search has turned up nadda...

Thanks in advance for any help! I either want to learn to use it, or donate it to the River People. :D

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
How about sending a photo of that tool to Orvis and see if anyone there remembers what/how it was used. It would be interesting to find out the answer.

littledavid123

Reaction score
How about sending a photo of that tool to Orvis and see if anyone there remembers what/how it was used. It would be interesting to find out the answer.
Sometimes stating the obvious will sweetly part the hair of your peers!

Good one Larry

Dave

kevind62

Reaction score
Man. I'm so disappointed. All these experienced fly fishers and "old timers" and it takes a greenhorn to figure it out. This tool is called a "Thingamjig" (not to be confused with "contraption" which has multiple moving parts) ;). It's a highly technical term we use in the south. We use this term for tools like this that are used for numerous tasks other than what they're designed for and we can't remember why we bought them in the first place.

And remember, when you ask Orvis about it and they ask you if you remember who sold it to you, the guy behind the counter where you bought it was named "Diddle Britches. You know? The guy with the hat??"

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::teef:

Last edited: