Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trouble tying the Perfection loop.

My trick to control the loop size is by pulling the MAIN line slowly while pinching the knot. Then I'll use the tip of my hemostats to cinch down everything.
    I don't always catch fish; but when I do I scream like a little girl.

Hot Springs, Virginia/Harbor Springs, Michigan

Honestly I learned to tie it by watching a video put out by Mad River Outfitters. Brian explains and demonstrates it super simple and I haven't had an issue tying it yet, due to that video.
    "All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wilderness outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream." -T.K. Whipple

Quote Originally Posted by ny yankee View Post
    Usually, when I try, I pull the second loop through the first and the whole knot just slips and unravels. After a few tries, it finally works. This is a simple knot but I keep having trouble. any suggestions?
    Have someone show it to you in-person, not one of those online animated knot things but just sitting down doing it as many times as it takes to get it right. Once you get it, it's like riding a bike, you're set for life on that knot.

4. Likes el jefe liked this post

In addition to retying the knot a few times/day for reinforcing the movements, I've found that some knots are initially easier to learn when one uses string or at least a thicker mono... So give string a try with your perfection loop.
    finem respice
    Tom Morgan :::
    "I would say there is quite a bit of crossover in that a good rod is a good rod is a good rod. What you are really looking at are attributes and characteristics.... I have really strong convictions that you need to make a rod that is going to fish for Trout in the 20 to 55 foot range. If it doesn't really bend or flex for that, then you have got the wrong rod. So with any one of the materials the characteristics of the rod in my opinion should still be the same."

6. Default Re: Trouble tying the Perfection loop.

I appreciate everyone's' help! Seem to be doing OK now. Learn something new every day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12