FS: Abel Super 5 w/ 2x No. 2 Spools

wjlapier

Reaction score
SOLD: Abel Super 5 w/ 2x No. 2 Spools

Sold

Abel Super 5 comes with 2 No. 2 spools. Line on one is Rio WF8F/S6 and the other is Rio WF8F. I've owned the reel and spools for less than a year. Used rarely since I fish mostly for smaller trout with a smaller lighter weight setup. I thought about using this for Steelhead but I don't think that will happen this year, so I prefer to use the funds for other fishing gear. Check photos for condition. Used but not abused. LH retrieve, but I think it can be changed to right easily--the cork and sprocket assembly was changed earlier this year. Sold

Last edited:

wjlapier

Reaction score
The knob is for the spool. The reel body is from a Super 5 that came with a No 2 spool. I picked up another No 2 spool for a total of 2. No Super 5 spool. I could have listed the reel as a No 2 but I feel that would be dishonest knowing it originally was a Super 5. This combo is from when Abel had the ability to interchange spools across different specific reels.

Specifications | Abel Reels

Read down the model column for Super Series reels. Same for Big Game.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

The inside of the reel showing the new sprocket. Set up for LH retrieve but easily switched to RH.