Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Blog Entries

Default Hardy Perfect Wide Spool Spey;

Big ticket items don't seem to move here and I've stuck this on the Spey Pages website as well. Recently I sold my Hardy Taupo wide spool and now am looking to move the 4 1/4" model along as well. Current retail on the model is $795.00 so this is a good buy if you are in the market for an 11.3 ounce rod to fit to your Spey rod. The reel will work for fish as large as king salmon and has done so for years.

The reel owned since 2011 season and considering use it is in good condition. The photos will show any wear showing on the reel. I had new springs installed at Archuleta's Reel Shop when I was at Grants Pass OR. 4 years ago and there is an extra in the case with reel still. The current springs are strong with a very loud report.

As it arrived 7 seasons ago I have box and papers.

This series of scuffs is on the bottom edge of the back rim. I have no idea of when it occured and try very hard to protect my reels from damage. It is the only mark I see on the reel, it is highlighted by direct light and photoed with 1:1 macro.

Other than that mark the reel is in as good of shape as I could want, I did use it often and honestly never noticed the marks until today when I examined it considering sale.........

Extra heavy duty spring from Archuleta;

The leather case is as it was new, never exposed to weather etc.

So there you have it, the reel is not new but preforms as it should. It has a scar but location of same doesn't create an eye sore. Drag is strong and always fully released after use, extra spring worth 12 bucks in the case.......

Price: $521.00 I absorb Pay Pal 4% fee of $20.80 and I send it to you in the USA Priority Postage.

We all know what these cost new and new may be the way for you to go if that scuff bothers you. It's an honest blemish and not the result of abuse.

Thanks for looking,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hardy Perfect Wide Spool Spey;

Aftershock bump

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Default Re: Hardy Perfect Wide Spool Spey;

Why on Earth are you selling your Hardy Perfect?

“If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.”
    ~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
    ~Syd Glasso