Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Barbless Hooks from Allen

Default New Barbless Hooks from Allen

We are now starting to release our series of Barbless hooks. We have 3 styles being introduced today with several others in the next 45 days.

D101BL - Allen Fly Fishing Store
    N203BL - Allen Fly Fishing Store
    N204BL - Allen Fly Fishing Store

Thank you,

Justin

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs up Re: New Barbless Hooks from Allen

Bump this up to the top. Real barbless hooks are damned hard to find in the US. I've had to order mine out of the UK ... no more!!

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Default Re: New Barbless Hooks from Allen

Barbless hooks are great--one less t hing I need to do whenever I sit and tie some flies. But I have a question: Why do they cost more? Especially >50% more?

Is it because different equipment is needed? I cannot believe it is harder to produce a barbless hook but what do I know? Maybe it is... Maybe it it harder to produce a sharp edge? Maybe there is actually more steps?

But all that said, I like them! Even after I squish the normal hooks, there is a bit of a barb there. And there are also times when the barb breaks off and goes flying...somewhere. Makes me want to put on safety glasses whenever that happens. Of course, I am more careful with my eyes because my father was watching his older brother saw a piece of metal with a hacksaw and a piece of metal flew into his eye and he lost it. Grossest thing in the world whenever I was a young kid and saw my dad's glass eye fell out for the first and only time. Had nightmares for weeks! LOL!
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” –Henry David Thoreau
    Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.” –Groucho Marx