Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cocoon Fly Reel Case

Leather fly reel cases have traditionally either been lined with sheep wool or not lined at all I am trying to take this a step further by surrounding the reel is closed, mini cell foam covered in suede or other similar soft leather product, thus the name Cocoon. These cases are handmade totally by me using full grain leather, and hand stitched. The price on this case is $150.00 and I will accept Paypal. I will not invoice until the case is ready to ship. If there is a request for some form of personalization, which in that case I will require a 50% deposit. Depending on the workload, please allow two weeks for delivery unless I notify you differently. I need to know the diameter of the reel including the foot, and the width measured from the back side of the reel to the end of the reel handle. I will try to accommodate any reasonable request for some special feature.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Burntwood Leather; 01-16-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cocoon Fly Reel Case

Wow Terry!

Your work is right there with the best I've seen and maybe beyond. The custom sized top cushion is something I've never seen done before.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Thanks for the compliment Ard. Very much appreciated. Just trying to protect all sides of the reel
    Terry

Blog Entries

I'm sure it's beautiful, Terry. Apparently, I have insufficient privileges to view that page.

steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

"Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

Blog Entries

Hi Steve,

It's just a regular post with 2 images on it, so I'm confused you can't see the pics.

If anyone else is prohibited from seeing the post please drop me a PM so I can try to sort out the problem.

I have to leave for Anchorage soon but will check to see if this is a widespread problem when I get home.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Blog Entries

And a question for Terry...….

Have you done any leather wrapped rod tubes with carry straps ever?

I get the same no permission message

8. Likes jayr liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by DonW View Post
    I get the same no permission message

Same here.
    Mainline the blueline

Hey guys sorry about the problem. I have notified the site administrator about the problem, and hopefully she can get it fixed quickly.
    Terry

Ard, I have made some cases but they have a different twist. They are where I came up with the "cocoon" idea is that each rod section has its own cocoon. Is the telephone number I spoke with you your cell phone? I'll take some pictures tomorrow and send to you.
    Terry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast