Custom 9' 10wt. 3 pc rod

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
SOLD (Thanks Cochise) This is a rod I built a couple of years ago to teach a rod building class for adult education at our local High School. I like the rod but don't need another 10 wt. I'm going to list it here for a week or so, at a price to recover my cost for parts. If it does not sell in that time I will list it on e-bay and try and make a little money. I figured I'd give the forum members a shot at it cheaper first. The rod case in the photos, is no longer made and I want to keep that. If yo u feel you really need it we may be able to work that out. The rod sock is included. It is built on a high modulus fairly fast flat black blank. The wood in the handle and seat is Rosewood Burl. The guides are PacBay Illusion. I need $240.00 to cover the cost of parts.

The feather inlay is Grey Peacock Pheasant and Jungle Cock.

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Dan: That is an impressive piece of art, congrats! I have no idea what I would do with a 10 wt here in Wyoming.

Larry

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It really did turn out nice. I had trouble with the photos, it actually is nicer than it looks here. If I was a little more rich and famous I'd hang on to it. Hey Cochise, if it will help, maybe we can work out a trade for part of it.
I think I can swing 2 bills...but was not willing to try and haggle with you because you are offering imho a very solid deal...I am a concrete guy and this has been a bad season and winter is on me hard.

I am a bartering man as well.

Thoughts?

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful rod Dan:worthy:I love the rod sock with the little embroidery:)Did you do that yourself too Dan?;)The next owner will be proud to fish with such a rod.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think I can swing 2 bills...but was not willing to try and haggle with you because you are offering imho a very solid deal...I am a concrete guy and this has been a bad season and winter is on me hard.

I am a bartering man as well.

Thoughts?
I hear ya on that winter thing. I could do $200 and a bit of bartering. Send me a PM of what you have in mind. Since you are in the Cement biz, I sure you come across interesting rocks pretty often. You don't find flints, agates, jaspers or cherts ever do you? JP, the lady at the bank does the embroidery, but I sew the socks.
Dan
( I make arrowheads, only bleed a little doing it.)

Last edited:

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hear ya on that winter thing. I could do $200 and a bit of bartering. Send me a PM of what you have in mind. Since you are in the Cement biz, I sure you come across interesting rocks pretty often. You don't find flints, agates, jaspers or cherts ever do you? JP, the lady at the bank does the embroidery, but I sew the socks.
Dan
( I make arrowheads, only bleed a little doing it.)
Wow, great work. You are quite a craftsman and it shows in what you create. I will dig around and see what I have...I need a 10 wt...But I want your 10 wt.

Need any rods? Maybe a sweet little creek rod?

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've got way to many rods now. If you are on the West Slope, you must have Elk running around there, do you have a couple of old Elk sheds laying around? When I do arrowheads I don't cheat and use steel and copper tools, I use rock and antler like the old time guys. I don't even need the whole antler, just the base and the first 10 or 12 inches.

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've got way to many rods now. If you are on the West Slope, you must have Elk running around there, do you have a couple of old Elk sheds laying around? When I do arrowheads I don't cheat and use steel and copper tools, I use rock and antler like the old time guys. I don't even need the whole antler, just the base and the first 10 or 12 inches.
Dan, was out of town for the weekend. Let me get settled in and I will pm you.

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I just came in from casting my new stick from Dan's Custom Rods.

The rod is truly a work of art and casts very well, a solid action with plenty of pop.

Dan spared no expense on components and the rod is beautiful, I am proud to own it and will be even prouder to catch my first pike on it with ice off fast approaching.

I have had many custom rods and many many factory rods and I can definitely say that Dan's work is better than the rest.

Thanks, I hope to enjoy this rod for many years to come.