Diamondback VSR 865-2 For Sale

ddombos2

Reaction score
SOLD: Diamondback VSR 865-2

Diamondback VSR 865: 8'-6" 2-Piece 5Wt. Fly Rod made by Diamondback Rods of Stowe, Vermont. This rod features fast action, single foot guides, and ebony wood reel seat. The blank is matte black with gloss black windings. It comes with brushed aluminum rod tube and dark grey rod sock. Made in USA. Original retail $229.00. Sale Price: $120.00 plus shipping

This rod has been very lightly used, and is in outstanding (like new) condition. This rod is great for trout, panfish, and light bass. If you are looking for a single fly rod to get you going, then a 5-weight is the place to start. At 8'-6", the length is considered somewhat compact. It's plenty of rod for just about anywhere in Michigan, Eastern US rivers, and all but the bigger waters out west. I got the rod as a package deal, and I'm selling because I've developed a logjam in the 5-Wt. rod category. It is in the best condition of the 5-Wt. rods on my rack. It isn't beat-up or used-up, and it deserves to see some use.

Last edited:

ddombos2

Reaction score
I happen to have a Diamondback catalog, and wanted to point out that this
is a 3oz rod. Looks pretty nice from the specs...
Thanks for the info. It's a nice rod, and it is in mint condition.

From what I understand, this rod is very comparable in construction (blank material, winding check, etc.) to their current Diamondfly Series, albeit with more traditional reel seat hardware. That rod is spec'ed at 3.1 oz. and I can see where the additional nickel silver insert on that rod would account for the additional 0.1 oz.

Basically, I am just making room in my rack for a 4-weight rod and offsetting a portion of the investment in that outfit.