Gauging interest...

axle27

Reaction score
Lately, I've been thinking of selling this setup:

11ft, 5/6, 4pc Elkhorn Switch rod. I've never fished this rod, but I purchased it used and it is in excellent shape. Comes with Rod tube.

Allen & Co. Alpha 7/8 Fly reel. If you've never used one, you should. For the price, they are probably the best out there, IMO. It's spooled with 20lb backing (orange), some 20lb Amnesia running line and a 37ft, 350gr shooting head from Snake River outfitters (Ballistic Express Spey line). It was specifically recommended by the OEM for this rod for spey or overhead casting. This also has a neoprene case. This reel/line has never seen water nor the lawn.

I'd let this whole thing go for $275. At this point, I'm gauging interest as I am on the fence about selling this setup, but I also got my wandering eye on something else.

Why am I considering it? I don't think I'll ever get the time to fish water using it (not a brookie rod) and I don't really like to keep stuff around that I don't use...the wife is a different story...but I shouldn't complain, she keeps me around.

Last edited:

cattech89

Reaction score
You must have a revolving door for your fishing closet. ;) You buy and sell more stuff than anyone I know......
Sounds like a good deal to me.
Just too broke.

axle27

Reaction score
Just purchased a 20# running line to replace the Amnesia and will let this go with the setup.

C'mon guys, make me an offer....

I will post pics later...