Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Thinning the Herd Part II - Hydros Outfit

A brand new, never fished, Orvis Hydros 9', 4pc, 5wt, Mid Flex Rod or a once fished 8’6”, 4pc, 5wt, Mid Flex Rod. Whichever rod you choose will come with an Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor III (titanium) reel. The reel (and line) has been fished once. If I’m not mistaken the reel was $170 new, the rod was $490 and the line was $49. That’s $709 new for the whole outfit. I will sell the package for $500 shipped and insured (70.5% of retail), at my expense and I will include the Orvis warranty card.
    The 9’ rod comes in the Hydros case. The 8’6” comes in a Helios carbon fiber tube. I don’t know why they sent it to me that way. Although pleased, I contacted Orvis and they said don’t worry about it and keep it unless I wanted the Hydros tube. I kept it.
    Last edited by BigSky; 07-24-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Deleted a split infinitive.

Default Re: Thinning the Herd Part II - Hydros Outfit

Well, I guess this is taking too long and I have several others waiting to be listed; so, I'll throw in a brand new safe passage rod and reel case (blue in color) instead of the rod tube. I believe it was $129 new last year. I have never used it.

$450 shipped and insured.

4. Default Re: Thinning the Herd Part II - Hydros Outfit

Is this still for sale? I'm curious about the warranty. According to their website... the warranty is only good for the original owner: Fly Rod Repair Warranty Information -- Orvis

Would an original receipt be provided so one could easier prove they were the original owner?

I've sent one in for repair that I bought in a pawn shop and promptly broke the next week. I exchanged one I purchased off of craigslist for a different flex and told them I was not the original purchaser. Both were replaced with no questions asked. I believe I have the receipt for the nine footer; but, it has my name on it as it was bought online directly from Orvis.

Wow, I was hoping to have already been onto Thinning the Herd Part III, IV & V by now. O.K., $425 shipped and insured.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
    Wow, I was hoping to have already been onto Thinning the Herd Part III, IV & V by now. O.K., $425 shipped and insured.
    PM inbound

Sold. Thinning the Herd Part III coming soon.