Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rabbit Skin N.C. (Western North Carolina)

Default WTB ~ INEXPENSIVE ~ 8'6" 5wt. 4piece Rod

I'm in the market for an inexpensive rod to take west once a year. The rest of the time it would just gather dust. I am wanting an 8'6" 5wt. (4 piece so it can be shipped via UPS in a suit case).
    If you have such a rod please drop me a note.
    THANKS

Blog Entries

Default Re: WTB ~ INEXPENSIVE ~ 8'6" 5wt. 4piece Rod

i dont have one to sell but this looks like a good deal
    Cabela's: Cabela's Wind River Rods
    good luck

casey

ARFE

I've bought a few of these now with the intention of being "back up" rods, and now two of them have moved into the stable of commonly used rods.
    RIVERBEAST WINDWALKER FLY ROD 9'6" #9 4pc | eBay

I don't see the exact rod your looking for but they do have a 9' 5wt in a 4 piece configuration. Their a dandy rod for the money, and if you break it your not out much.

Rabbit Skin N.C. (Western North Carolina)

Thanks Casey, I noticed that rod as well...thats probably the direction I'l go...Thanks to both of you who replied...Bob

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    I've bought a few of these now with the intention of being "back up" rods, and now two of them have moved into the stable of commonly used rods.
    RIVERBEAST WINDWALKER FLY ROD 9'6" #9 4pc | eBay

I don't see the exact rod your looking for but they do have a 9' 5wt in a 4 piece configuration. Their a dandy rod for the money, and if you break it your not out much.
    That's the first time I've ever seen these rods mentioned anywhere! I have two of them and paid less then sixty bucks for the pair. Very impressed with them, I have the stalker and the windwalker and am thinking about getting another stalker in 7wt for a streamer rod.
    Do you know the story behind these rods? It's hard to find any information about them anywhere.

Edit: A quick look on ebay shows they have gotten a good bit more expensive, a bit closer to what they're worth.
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Blog Entries

yeah i have a beast and a windwalker i picked up for ridiculously low prices
    16 for the beast and 25 for the windwalker you can barely buy the tube and sock they came with for that price
    originally got them as back ups or lenders, but i plan on fishing them this spring.
    great deal for sure!

they used to sell them at bps a couple years ago and i'm assuming the company went bankrupt and the guy is liquidating his remaining inventory on ebay

casey

ARFE

Not sure on the "whole" story behind them. I emailed back and forth with the guy selling them and was told they were designed by a guy in Florida and the blanks were manufactured in and then completed in Korea.
    I have the 'Beast' also and really like that rod, even more than the 'Windwalker'....and I really like it.

The only thing I don't care for is the cheap comic book logo.

Interesting! My personal favorite is the Stalker over the Windwalker, have not tried any of the others. I think the Stalker is the fastest action of the bunch? All I know is I paid 40 for it and for that price I can sweat the small stuff later.
    And second on the logo! Mine have a bit of "color matched" electric tape covering that up on my rods. It's a super tacky little graphic.
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Which Stalker do you have?
    I've thought about trying one of them.

9 foot 5 weight. If you ever make it over here you can give it a whirl. If I saw another for a deal I would definitely give it a new home.
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast