Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Literature...

Default Literature...

I am a bit of a nut when it comes to reading, something I really enjoy...

Always on the lookout for new books to read, if anyone has anything they may want to get rid of, post it here or shoot me a PM, might be interested.

Happy New Year!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Default Re: Literature...

Interests...beyond fishing, of course.
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    What manner of jackassery will I be subjected to today?

Sorry! I guess I should have been a little more specific!

Not just fly fishing, but loosely related.

Right now I am finishing up a book on the history of the Colorado River titled "River Notes" by Wade Davis, not really about fly fishing, but definitely something that interests me.

Anything to do with nature really interests me, heck who knows, if you have something you thought was good, mention it, I may bite!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

If you haven't read it then I would recommend Pale Morning Done by Jeff Hull.

My recommendation: Water - The Epic Struggle For Wealth, Power & Civilization by Steven Solomon.

Awesome! I will check those out guys! Thanks!!!

7. Default Re: Literature...

Spring Creek by Nick Lyons.

Randy

Immortal River: The Upper Mississippi in Ancient and Modern Times by Calvin Fremling is a really good book you should check out.. unfortunately I'm not willing to part with mine..

Quote Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
    Spring Creek by Nick Lyons.

Randy
    Own it, great read!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
    Immortal River: The Upper Mississippi in Ancient and Modern Times by Calvin Fremling is a really good book you should check out.. unfortunately I'm not willing to part with mine..
    Will have to check it out!

Another outstanding book. Not at all what the title suggest. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Simply an outstanding read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast