WTB - Sage 504/504L

dean_mt

Reaction score
Still looking for a 504/504L. Also looking for a 505 and a 503/503L.
Did you find any of these? I just saw your post on the Reel Love thread, I want one of these for my SPL! There is a 505L on ebay currently, $500!

Let me ask you, what's the difference in the reels with the "L" designation?

wannafish

Reaction score
The L is for "light"; the L reels have vented reel bodies. There was a vintage reel site that had some for sale a year ago; I'll post a link if I can find it. A sweet 506 just sold last week on ebay for $135.00.

russellb

Reaction score
Did you find any of these? I just saw your post on the Reel Love thread, I want one of these for my SPL! There is a 505L on ebay currently, $500!

I just scored that very 505L, I didn't pay 500 for it either. Pics on arrival, I'm pretty excited.

Sage & Abel

Reaction score

Yes, I have a couple each of the 504L's and 505L's. On the hunt for 504 and 505's without the L designation.

As has been mentioned, the L's have porting on the rear of the frame. Those without the L designation have a solid back frame.

Cheers,
Mike.

russellb

Reaction score
You have likely seen it, you may be a bidder.... But there is a mint, in the box, Sage 505 on the eBay. Very cool and good luck to the bidders!