Fs - orvis battenkill mid-arbor v

gt05254

Reaction score
SoldThis reel is in excellent condition. The only noticeable wear is slight wear at the tips of the foot. Other than that, hard to tell from new. Comes loaded with 100 yards (at least) of Teeny 20lb. Backing. I have landed salmon to 15 pounds with this disc drag reel. It will stop a truck if you want it to and never complain. Balance 9-10 foot 8 and 9 weights nicely (weighs 6 oz.). Makes a nice reel for lighter weight switch rods, too. Has never seen salt. Comes in original box with instructions. Original case has a "9" marked on it. $125 incl. shipping to conus, $135 to Canada. Paypal only in U.S. funds, please. PM for paypal account number or questions. thanks.

Last edited:

gt05254

Reaction score
sure, but I would have to determine postage and add it, and I would put price paid on the customs form. If you're serious, pm me your address and I'll go to the PO in the morning (they're still open on saturdays for a little while longer, lol) and find out what it would cost.
Gary

fyshstykr

Reaction score
I sure wish this was a 4, it's a nice reel at a good price. I think the 5 is a little too large for the new 4wt spey I just got for Mrs fysh. Bummed!

gt05254

Reaction score
Casey, loaded with the backing on it, it weighs 7.5oz. Diameter is right about 3.75 inches. IIRC, w/o the backing, it's 6.1oz.
Gary

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Looked in a few places and can't locate a width. I may be interested in the reel myself for another rod than Mrs fysh's new light spey.

Let me know the width when you can.:)

gt05254

Reaction score
7/8 of an inch, give or take a thousandth. There's 200 yards of backing on it in the pics (I initially thought 100, but realized I never put 100 yds. on)...more than a person needs, I think. So there's a lot of room.
Gary