Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Looking for a rod tube

I am looking for a rod tube,,for 4pc , 9ft rods at least. MY BVK as you know, didn't come with one. I keep it in one of my travel cases now but need a tube about locking the rods in the safe. It doesn't have to be new...just in decent shape. I could care less what it says on the outside,,,I'll tag it anyways.
    If ya have one reasonable, let me know , OK ?

Michael
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

Default Re: Looking for a rod tube

Quote Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
    I am looking for a rod tube,,for 4pc , 9ft rods at least. MY BVK as you know, didn't come with one. I keep it in one of my travel cases now but need a tube about locking the rods in the safe. It doesn't have to be new...just in decent shape. I could care less what it says on the outside,,,I'll tag it anyways.
    If ya have one reasonable, let me know , OK ?

Michael
    Considering the cost to ship one, I think this is a pretty good deal since it includes free shipping.
    Redington Fly Rod Tubes : AvidMaxOutfitters.com

Rich

You could make on yourself pretty easily. PVC pipe is cheap, a little foam on the inside covers. Might not be snappy looking but it would work.
    "Whale oil beef hooked !"- Traditional east coast fishermen saying

Here you go....didn't expect SEARS carried the TFO Triangular tubes but the following link says they do...

Temple Fork Outfitters Temple Fork Outfitters Triangle Rod Cases TF RCT 9/4 (9' 0"/4 pc. rods) - Fitness & Sports - Fishing - Fishing Accessories

If you want to build one your self, get Acrylic tubing from US plastics and cut one to your dimensions. They also sell end caps that fit perfectly. I build several of these for use when I go on backcountry camping / fishing trips. The end result is a very strong clear tube which weights very less. Its amazing how heavy the OEM rod tubes can be. If I recall, my net cost was ~ $5 or less. I threw on some nice stickers (Lamson, SAGE, TU etc) to add some bling

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by fishiowa View Post
    Considering the cost to ship one, I think this is a pretty good deal since it includes free shipping.
    Redington Fly Rod Tubes : AvidMaxOutfitters.com

Rich
    You're right Rich, that is a heck of a good deal.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Cabelas has one and two 4 pc rod tubes for a very good price! I have 2 BVKs so I feel your pain!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Been using these for years...

Aluminum Tubes

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, " How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

I made some pvc tubes for one-piece spinning rods, and they look awful. There are cordura and aluminum tubes that are available at very reasonable prices. LL Bean sells tubes, and they don't charge for shipping.

9. Default Re: Looking for a rod tube

Quote Originally Posted by mysticm View Post
    Here you go....didn't expect SEARS carried the TFO Triangular tubes but the following link says they do...

Temple Fork Outfitters Temple Fork Outfitters Triangle Rod Cases TF RCT 9/4 (9' 0"/4 pc. rods) - Fitness & Sports - Fishing - Fishing Accessories

If you want to build one your self, get Acrylic tubing from US plastics and cut one to your dimensions. They also sell end caps that fit perfectly. I build several of these for use when I go on backcountry camping / fishing trips. The end result is a very strong clear tube which weights very less. Its amazing how heavy the OEM rod tubes can be. If I recall, my net cost was ~ $5 or less. I threw on some nice stickers (Lamson, SAGE, TU etc) to add some bling
    Thanks for the link. I never thought of Sears before, I bought one.